The Story is About   +  TIME

In My Mailbox: Week One

This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Every week she posts about her addiction to books and has a cute picture on display of the books she acquired that week all stacked up! It’s very cool you should check it out. I’m going to try to do a weekly post called “In My Mailbox” and you guessed it, show the books that happen to visit my mailbox that week. Now, as much as I’d like it to be true, I do not get books in the mail every week, so this might be a bi-weekly thing instead... I’ll just have to see how it works! “In My Mailbox” will feature books I’m receiving to review or books that I’ve purchased.

It was a big week for me this week. Four whole books!

This week in my mailbox:

Vidalia in Paris by Sasha Watson

When Vidalia wins a scholarship to study art abroad for the summer, she can’t believe her good fortune. Paris is filled with surprises, including Julien, the nice bookstore clerk Vidalia should like as more than a friend, and Marco, the mysterious art dealer she can’t stay away from. By the time she finds out the truth about the paintings Marco sells, she’s fallen for him too hard to really care. But when his crimes threaten to involve her directly, Vidalia has to separate reason from passion.

Sounds good, right!? Also, Sasha will be stopping by for an Author Tales visit in December! She's my last author for 2008... can you believe 2008 is almost over? Where did the year go!?

Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers

Perfect Parker Fadley isn’t perfect anymore. She’s quit the cheerleading squad, dumped her perfect boyfriend, and she’s failing school. Her parents are on suicide watch and her counselors think she’s playing games. But what they don’t know, the real reason for this whole mess, isn’t something she can say out loud. A horrible thing has happened and it might be her fault…

I was just minding my own business one day meandering around C.K.'s blog and she mentions something about Cracked Up To Be. Hmmmm... I say... what's this book about I wonder. So of course I did a little click here and a little click there and landed on Courtney Summers Website. Read the excerpt, watched the trailer. OMG-- I've got to have this book, like now! Lucky me! Cracked Up To Be will be available December 23, 2008.

Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companioin by Mark Cotta Vax

Explore the making of the film Twilight, the story that has entranced millions of readers, with this ultimate visual companion. This beautiful book captures the onscreen creation of Meyer's breathtaking world, brought to life by the award-winning director Catherine Hardwicke, and her creative team.

With never-before-seen images, exclusive interviews, and personal stories, renowned author Mark Cotta Vaz takes you behind the scenes with the director, producer, and set designers to intimately experience the creation of the film. Inside you'll discover details like the Cullen family crest, secrets behind some of the film's most dramatic scenes, and learn just how a vampire sparkles in the sun.

A must have for every Twilight Fan. Lost of great pictures! I haven't "read" this one yet, but I flipped through it. Did you know Stephenie Meyer has a cameo role? It actually makes me want to see the movie even more than I did before.

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman

Eon has been studying the ancient art of Dragon Magic for four years, hoping he’ll be able to apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune. But he also has a dark secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been living a dangerous lie for the chance to become a Dragoneye, the human link to an energy dragon’s power. It is forbidden for females to practice the Dragon Magic and, if discovered, Eon faces a terrible death. After a dazzling sword ceremony, Eon’s affinity with the twelve dragons catapults him into the treacherous world of the Imperial court where he makes a powerful enemy, Lord Ido. As tension builds and Eon’s desperate lie comes to light, readers won’t be able to stop turning the pages …

Can't wait to dig my claws into this one! Eon will be released December 26, 2008