The Story is About   +  Rebecca Maizel

Interview: Lenah Beaudonte (Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel)

Rebecca Maizel

Books:

  • Infinite Days


Website/Blog


Lenah Beaudonte is, in many ways, your average teen: the new girl at Wickham Boarding School, she struggles to fit in enough to survive and stand out enough to catch the eye of the golden-boy lacrosse captain. But Lenah also just happens to be a recovering five-hundred-year-old vampire queen. After centuries of terrorizing Europe, Lenah is able to realize the dream all vampires have -- to be human again. After performing a dangerous ritual to restore her humanity, Lenah entered a century-long hibernation, leaving behind the wicked coven she ruled over and the eternal love who has helped grant her deep-seated wish.

Until, that is, Lenah draws her first natural breath in centuries at Wickham and rediscovers a human life that bears little resemblance to the one she had known. As if suddenly becoming a teenager weren’t stressful enough, each passing hour brings Lenah closer to the moment when her abandoned coven will open the crypt where she should be sleeping and find her gone. As her borrowed days slip by, Lenah resolves to live her newfound life as fully as she can. But, to do so, she must answer ominous questions: Can an ex-vampire survive in an alien time and place? What can Lenah do to protect her new friends from the bloodthirsty menace about to descend upon them? And how is she ever going to pass her biology midterm?



Today I have a special interview with Lenah Beaudonte, former vampire Queen, new edition to the teenage-race. Lenah makes her debut in Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel, Vampire Queen Book One.

So Lenah, being a vampire queen must be pretty awesome, why in the world would you want to give that up?

I couldn't take it anymore. You must understand that being a vampire for as long as I was meant that I was slowly, slowly, losing my mind. I couldn't hold it together. And I wanted to touch - to feel. My lover, Rhode, said the only way I would be able to leave it behind was to try the ritual. So I could come back to life.

Now that you’re human again, have you noticed things that you may have taken for granted the first time around?

Yes! Taste. Every human's blood has a very specific taste but as the years wore on, I forgot. Breakfast, coffee, desserts. I forgot that taste could make you happy, could make the body happy, feel alive.

What do you think about the world today?

It's LOUD! The world wasn't dominated by machines as it is todays. We had the railroads and cars but they weren't like they are today. And modern medicine is very different, I didn't have to worry about being ill before it's very different than it was at the turn of the century - it's more effective.

Had you of known that Rhode would die in his mission to turn you human, would you have let him do it?

No. I wouldn't have. Well, as a vampire, yes, I would have. I was so desperate. But as a human, no. I wouldn't. I loved him. More than I could possibly express here.

What do you think about Tony? He seems like a nice guy.

He would have been an easy kill. Oh, you mean now? He's funny, loyal and really lively. We do everything together and he makes me feel like Wickham Boarding School could be home.

Oh, and what about Justin? Could there be a little romance blooming between the two of you?

I miss Rhode...but Justin Enos is interesting. He's a daredevil and I like that. I've never seen anyone race boats before. He likes to push the limits and I was that kind of vampire. I liked to push the limits and break rules. He makes me want to be a full fledged mortal.

Do you think you’ll ever get close enough to someone to tell them about your vampire past?

Maybe Tony. One day. He seems like the kind of person I could tell but he's also very intuitive. I will have to see as my time at Wickham goes on.

Do you ever worry about the coven that you created trying to find you?

I have dreams...I do. Maybe they're more nightmares than dreams that they're coming for me. That they're scouring the earth looking for me, digging up my grave searching for me. I am supposed to be hibernating under the ground, not living as a human. They don't know I'm human. Once they discover the grave is empty...I don't even want to think about it. They are bound by a dark magic linking each of us eternally. If that magic is broken - they are bound to kill me. Let's not talk about it.

Now that you have a human life, do you miss being a vampire?

Sometimes. I miss the power. I know I am not in a position of power here, I'm something else. Trying to find my way. I'm trying to hide.



Thanks Lenah for stopping by! Good Luck!