The Story is About   +  young adult

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Release Date: August 1, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 368
Source: Publisher
Interest: Series
Other Titles in the Series: The Iron King
Challenge: None
Buy the Book: Amazon

|Barnes & Noble

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Summary from GoodReads

I think I might have to move The Iron Daughter to the number one position over The Iron King. This series is one of those that just keeps getting better. I have big hopes for book number three!

The Iron Daughter leaves off right where the The Iron King stops. That being said... You might not want to read the rest of this review if you haven’t read book number one, because it might be a tad bit SPOILERY!

You’ve been warned.

I loved Meghan in the first novel... but at the beginning of The Iron Daughter I seriously wanted to slap some sense into the girl. Where the heck was that girl at the end of the first book, the one that did what she had to do! The one that had grown more confident and wise! Because she was not there at first. I mean, come on Meghan, I know you are in love with Ash... but all that stuff that he was telling you about guarding yourself because those fey in his court are viscous creatures and they will just use it against you. He wasn’t just telling you that to hear himself talk... I think old Meghan would have picked up on that. But no instead I got this weenie whiney Meghan.

Thank goodness someone hit her over the head and I got old Meghan back!

One of my favorite characters in this novel, was one that I didn’t like very much the first time around. And I’m not really going to say much more about that... don’t want to ruin the surprise! I was totally NOT expecting that. Of course Grim was back and he was as charming as ever.

I loved watching Meghan and Ash’s relationship develop in this one... despite the fact that they simply can not be together, I mean summer and winter just do not mix. It’s fun to see how they try to work above that. Will they end up together against all odds!?!?! Like I’m going to tell you.

I should have known that the leading novel would not be the last we saw of the Iron Fey... I totally didn’t predict any of what actually happened. It was much better than what I was anticipating. Although... my idea of a Meghan and Ash running away together and living happily ever after was just as good!

But back to the actual book. The plot was action packed... people er fey dropping like flies... dragons, battles, betrayals... you are in for a ride my fellow reader. I picked it up and just could not put it down.

I cannot wait for book three! This series is so good.