The Story is About   +  young adult

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

Release Date: February 22, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age Group:
Pages: 336
Source: ARC
Other Titles in the Series: Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity & Radiant Shadows
Interest: Series
Challenge: None
Buy the Book: Amazon

The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.

Aislinn tends to the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.

Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the Faery Courts, and in the final conflict, some will win . . . and some will lose everything.

Darkest Mercy was more than a just satisfying ending to an unforgettable series... it was brilliant. Epic even. I shall miss it.

Let me just get this out of the way right now. That whole thing with Keenan... how painfully obvious was that! I mean seriously... did you give yourself the duh slap with that one, or what!?!? And for those of you that haven't read it yet, that won't probably mean anything, sorry about that.

I love this story and I love the characters. I'm going to miss them so much! Usually I enjoy a certain character because I can relate to them, honestly there wasn't any character that I felt I could relate to in these novels. I mean they're bad-ass... tattoos, piercings... dangerous fae... but they are FASCINATING! I couldn't help but come to love each and every one of them.

Marr did an excellent job creating threads in each novel and finally weaving them together to make this stunning ending a masterpiece... loved it. There are so many story lines one might find it easy to become confused but somehow Marr makes it work, and makes it work wonderfully well. Did I mention I loved it? I was actually hesitant to start this one because I didn't want it to end, but once I started I couldn't put it down. I didn't put it down until the last page was turned.

If you haven't read this series I recommend that you do! Can't wait to see what Marr has for us next!