The Story is About   +  TIME

Interview with Indi

Today I have the pleasure of introducing a relatively new blogger, 11 year old Indi! Indi blogs at Indi,'d Books and I do believe this young woman will be a great addition to the world of blogging. You might know another blogger (The Book Gryffin) who happens to be related to the wonderful Indi! (You can see the introduction post she did for Indi's blog here, is she not the most adorable thing!)

And I must say it thrills me to hear of a child/teen/adult finding a book that changes their opinion of reading to a positive one!

Here is the delightful, Miss Indi:

As a blogger that has yet to reach your teen years, do you think that gives you an advantage or possibly a disadvantage when it comes to blogging and reviewing?

Well, I think maybe a bit of both.

It is an advantage because I don’t have to worry about the pressures of High School and I have more time to read. Also I can still choose what I want to read.

It is also a disadvantage because there are some books that I really want to read like Tomorrow When The War Began- John Marsden and On The Jellicoe Road- Melina Marchetta, but sadly, Mum says I need to be a little older before I can read those.

What literary trends do you enjoy? Are there trends that you'd like to see more of?

I kind of enjoy Supernatural/Paranormal, but mostly I enjoy Adventure/Action and the Thriller/Adventure genres. I would like to see more books along the same trend as The Hunger Games; I am really enjoying those books.

Who is your favourite author?

Well definitely Morris Gleitzman, whom I adore! Though I am beginning to like Suzanne Collins work now I am reading book 2 of the Hunger Games Series, Catching Fire.

What things do you enjoy doing, besides reading?

Well I have a huge passion for cooking, though I am not very good at pastry based foods seeing as my hands are always so hot (that’s my special power you see :D) But otherwise I like making little trinkets and things. Also my dad is a DJ so he is beginning to teach me how to mix music.

Have you always been a reader?

I have always been a good reader, but I didn’t always like reading for fun. It started when I used to chuck humungous tantrums when I was little, simply because I was bored. So mum started home schooling me and by prep I could read and write.

I’m not sure what happened, but probably about a year ago, thanks to Morris Gleitzman, I started to enjoy it. Boy Overboard was the first book I read of his and I have read it 7 times since.



Thanks so much Indi for stopping by! Be sure to head over to her blog and welcome her to the wonderful world of reading and blogging!