The Story is About   +  series

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me by Amy Plum

Release Date: May 10, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 341
Format: Hardcover
Source: Publisher
Interest: Debut
Challenge: 2011 Debut Author Challenge
Buy the Book: Amazon

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

I love paranormal. I've seen it getting a bad rep lately, but I can't get enough of it, it's my kind of drug. And Die for Me was just what the doctor ordered!

Revenants... say what? Only a super cool... dead but not dead kinda person. Never heard of it before, and thought the concept totally rocked. Although after I read the book and did a little research, I like Plum's take on the folklore much more!

The thing that really stood out to me was the story itself... despite that paranormal boy meets girl story-line, it was different. Maybe it was the setting, Paris. (Oh la la, I really need to go there.) Maybe it was the writing, which was absolutely captivating. I seriously felt like I was in a different world. Then again, maybe it was the characters. Especially the Revenant clan, I adored all of them! They were so well written, especially for secondary characters. Really it was a combination of all the above.

And the love story, I can't not mention. I'm such a sucker for a good love story. And Die for Me has that, and more! Though I have to say I liked Jules the best, Kate and Vincent's relationship was very sweet! (And steamy at times!)

If you're looking for a paranormal, that's a little bit different than everything else out there, with well depicted, realistic characters, awesome writing and a captivating story, look no further than Die for Me!