The Story is About   +  young adult

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Release Date: June 8, 2010
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 418
Format: Hardcover
Source: Bought
Interest: Series
Challenge: None
Buy the Book: Amazon

Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it. That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

Why did I wait so long to read this!?! Someone tell me! I love literature about werewolves... or wolves or any other variation thereof. That being said... this novel isn't told from the perspective of a wolf.. or werewolf, or whatever you want to call them, it's told from the perspective from a girl, a human girl. That was indeed as the title implies... raised by wolves. And I loved that about this book. I think being on the outside as Bryn was, was even more insightful than had it been from the pov of one of the wolf pack members.

As a character, I adored Bryn. I loved her stubbornness and her outlook. It was easy to become fully engrossed in this story and vested in its characters because of Bryn. She leaps of the page. Her relationship with Callum, with Ali, Devon... I guess with everyone, was wonderfully written, these characters are so very well fleshed out. As a reader you feel like you are there with Bryn, experiencing what she does. I love books that do that!

This story is jammed pack with action... with questions that Bryn wants answered. I can honestly say that I had no idea the ride that Barnes had in store for us, but I'm glad that grabbed a seat!

This was a great start to a series which I know I will be devouring. I can't wait to read more about Bryn, and Devon.. and CHASE! This might just be my new favorite werewolf series!