The Story is About   +  young adult

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

Release Date: October 11, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Shelfability: Acquire/Borrow
Pages: 320
Format: Advance Reader Copy
Source: Publisher
Interest: Debut
Challenge: 2011 Debut Author Challenge
Buy the Book: Amazon

| Barnes & Noble


Buy the Ebook: Kindle

First I find out that my boyfriend is cheating on me. Then he’s pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And now he’s depending on me to clear his name. Seriously?

As much as I wouldn’t mind watching him squirm, I know that he’s innocent. So I’m brushing off my previously untapped detective skills and getting down to business. But I keep tripping over dead bodies and I’m still no closer to figuring out who did it. And what’s worse: all signs seem to point to me as the killer’s next victim.

I really need to pick a better boyfriend next time.

Can I haz that girls eyes, please?

This book was not what I was expecting. Usually when you think murder mystery, you think dark and scary. And while this book definitely had it’s creepy moments, I laughed and smiled through most of the novel.

This novel doesn’t have much depth, but that doesn’t necessarily make it a bad book. Sometimes those are just what a reader is looking for, and it’s exactly what I was looking for at the time! This book was fun! It’s entertaining and absorbing, and it will keeping you guessing as to who the killer is until the last few pages! It’s faced-paced and action filled from the first page to the last! You won’t be bored!

Hartley was a riot! The only complaint I have about her was that she never used her assertive nature on her cheating boyfriend! Even when she had all the proof she needed. Sure she “broke-up” with him, but she never gave him a piece of her mind! Instead she agrees to clear his name and puts herself in danger in the process. But other than that I loved her snarky nature!

This book surprised me, and in a good way! If you’re looking for a quick entertaining read with a murder mystery, this is definitely the book for you! I will be reading Halliday’s novels in the future!