The Story is About   +  top ten

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Bought Because of Their Covers

I'm participating again in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Basically every Tuesday the peeps over at The Broke and the Bookish post their top ten lists on various topics. They even have a special Top Ten Tuesday page where they have previous topics and upcoming topics discussed as well.

This weeks topic (which you probably could tell from the post title) is:

Top Ten Book I Bought Because of Their Covers!

I am a cover whore. I will be the first to admit it. I judge books by their covers all the time! I can't help it! And because of that I buy a lot of books based on their covers. The covers draw me in the summaries make me stay!

Ash by Malinda Lo

This cover is GORGEOUS! And the image so does not do it justice. It's textured too, which is always cool. It's hard to see but the girl is surrounded by grass. I'm not sure if it's the simplicity of this cover that is so striking or the contrast of light and dark, or maybe it's the fairy tale font. This cover just works! And it easily matches the awesomeness that is between the pages too!

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

What is it about this cover that sucks me in! I don't know exactly. I think it may have something to do with a slight obsession with Teen Witch when I was younger, it looks like the way that movie made me feel. Does that even make sense? It looks a way that evokes my emotional past, is that better? Anyway, I just think it's awesome and fun looking and it's definitely made me want to read this book and buy it!

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

I bought this book before I started blogging. I really had no idea what the book was about but it was on sale at the book store and the cover was awesome so I couldn't not buy it! It may have been the cover that made me pick it up, but it was the awesome story that kept me reading through the entire series.

Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

Another book that I purchased before blogging. Luckily I had been researching these books and knew that it was book two, but I was apprehensive about buying the book after reading some lame-o reviews on amazon. Thank god I know better than that now. The cover really kept catching my attention so finally I bought the first two books.

Dark Heart Forever by Lee Monroe

Did not know what this one was about. Honestly, I still don't really know as I haven't read it yet. Just saw the cover and thought "hmmmmm... that looks like something I would like." It was a bit of an impulse buy, but the blue dress and the howling wolf really sold me.

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

This is one of my favorite covers of all time. I really need a huge @ss poster of this one. I just love how it represents the story so well and how is just looks so plain AWESOME! The whole red riding hood thing is just cool by itself, but then to have the wolf in there too, and all the pictures are connected. It's like are you looking at the sisters or are you looking at the wolf... or are you looking at them both simultaneously! I can't decide!

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta

Another book that I bought for the cover and have still not read. This one just spoke "epic fantasy that you really need to read because it's by Melina Marchetta and it's fantasy" to me. So, I bought it. And it's been sitting on my shelf ever since.

You're a Good Dog Carl by Alexandra Day

I think the reason I bought this one is pretty apparent without me explaining it. I mean it's like a book about MY DOG! How could I not buy that. I may have even read it to my dog. Okay, I didn't read him the whole thing, but I did show him the pictures and he thought it was really cool that some lady wrote a book about the awesomeness that is the Rottweiler.

Matched by Ally Condie

Absolutely love this cover. The actual book, not so much. But the cover RULES! It's not only just pretty but the white parts of the cover are sort of iridescent... and I am a sucker for things that sparkle. Oh pretty...

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

A half naked guy with a six pack abs and wings. Um, yes please. That is all.