The Story is About   +  top ten

The Top Ten Books Sporting Cobwebs on My Shelf

I'm participating again in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Basically every Tuesday the peeps over at The Broke and the Bookish post their top ten lists on various topics. They even have a special Top Ten Tuesday page where they have previous topics and upcoming topics discussed as well.

This weeks topic is: Top Ten Books That Have Been on My Shelf the Longest!

These poor books... someday they shall be read!

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Richelle Mead was the first author I met. At her signing, I bought this book, well because it sounded awesome. Had her sign it. Had all intentions of digging into ASAP... and it's still sitting on my shelf unread. I've heard awesome things about this series and I'm really excited to read this one, when I get the chance. Hopefully soon!

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

This one is reminiscent of my Twilight craze days. I HAD to have the host. I mean SM was the best writer EVA! I even pre-ordered this one. But then I got to reading a lot more books, and honestly while I still loved reading Twilight, I just wasn't all impressed with SM as a writer anymore... especially after that train wreck. (Breaking Dawn!) I head that this one is being made into a movie, so perhaps I'll have to go read it before I see it. Because I probably will go see it, just like I'll be going to see Breaking Dawn Part One. Don't look at me like that.

A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

All I hear about this book is how FABULOUS it is. I promise Chelsea I'll get to this one. I've actually owned various copies of this book... and I still have yet to read it. Although I'm down to the new paperback copy that I purchased not to long ago.

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Is this one as good as the movie? It must be right? This is my favorite movie of all times. I've also had several copies of this book as well. I had the old school mass-market paperback with the map in it! But it was a used copy and wow that they stank... I even tried the dryer sheet trick, whatever caused the stank in this book was not going away. So, I bought the pretty hardcover and that one is sitting on my shelf. Although I'd like to have a few more versions of this one again someday!

The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling

Faeries, say what!? I also own the second and third books in this series, I have yet to read any of them. But I just know they are going to be whimsical and wonderful, if I ever get the chance to read them. They've survived the bookshelf purges many times.

Bloom by Elizabeth Scott

LOVE Elizabeth Scott, and I wanted to read her first novel ever, Bloom. Yeah... it didn't happen. I think I've read almost every other one, except for this one. I really need to fix that sometime soon. Any other ES fans read this one? How does it compare?

Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

I own several Melina Marchetta books... I'm sure she is a fabulous writer because I hear about it all the time. Maybe someday I'll find out for myself! This one has been on my shelf the longest along with Looking for Alibrandi.

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

One of the original vampire books, you know with the vampires that aren't sexy, and actually want to kill you. I've had several versions of this one too, but I really like shiny things, so I got the newest one with the spark-lies on it! Oh, shiny!

Stray by Rachel Vincent

I actually won the first two books in this series from Rachel through a contest on her website, I believe way before I read her Soul Screamers series (which rules!)... because I mean, werecats sound AWESOME. And here they are, both of them, sitting on my shelf unread. Poor little werecats.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

This one really needs to be read, especially with the newest book of the "series" coming out. I LOVE fantasy so I don't know why this one is still sitting on my shelf unread! I think I still even have an arc of Fire lying around the office somewhere! Crazy times. Tell me how much I need to read this one.