The Story is About   +  young adult

Violet on the Runway

Violet on the Runway by Melissa Walker

Violet is your everyday teenager. She is insecure with her body and unsure of the person she is. But all that changes when she is "discovered" working at the local movie theater. Angela her modeling agent is sure Violet is the next big thing!

Modeling comes easily for Violet, she simply can’t help being herself, and the designers love it. The other models however don’t particularly like being shown up by a newbie. When Violet takes the big step and moves to New York, she finds out modeling is more that walking around with pretty clothes. Violet tries to resist being swallowed whole by this new world, but in response she has turned into someone else. Will the new Violet win out, or will the old shine through?

When I started reading Violet on the Runway, I was hesitant. I didn’t want another one of those books where the girl goes from zero to IT and all her dreams come true. I was for certain I had the storyline pegged, and I wasn’t thrilled. Luckily for me I kept reading, because I didn’t have this story pegged after all! Sure Violet gets the modeling gig, but it isn’t a walk in the park. I know how she felt in the beginning, when she had to have people like her, because I was the same way. I was so happy to see her grow! She did make me mad when she ditched her true friends, but she made it up to them in the end. I actually enjoyed reading this book and I am totally looking forward to reading Violet by Design. I just hope I see some more Violet and Roger action! I can’t believe you (yes you Melissa Walker!) kept that hanging! You are killing me!