The Story is About   +  young adult

Vamps: Vampire American Princesses

Vamps: Vampire American Princesses by Nancy A. Collins

Release Date: July 22, 2208
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers, HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult, Ages 14 up
Pages: 256

Lilith Todd is the "queen bee" of her group of friends. Her father is famous in his own right and they are one of the richest vampire families around. She has a too hot to handle boyfriend, Jules, whom she is promised to forever and friends that wish they were her.

Cally Monture is a New Blood, she is half human half vampire. She’s never met her father but somehow he still controls her life. He’s newest scheme for Cally is to send her to the elite boarding school full of Old Bloods, Bathory Academy.

Needless to say these two girls don’t get along at all. A run in with the Van Helsings (vampire hunters) doesn’t improve their relationship either. Is Bathory big enough for the two of them?

I love vampire books, but I have to say I wasn’t very impressed with Vamps. The plot was very interesting, the characters not so much. I find it hard to like a book when most of the characters have no redeeming qualities. Lilith’s character just made me cringe. Her best friend dies and she is only worried about her dad cutting up her credit cards! I mean seriously, how can you like or relate to a character like that. I did find myself growing on Cally, but even at times, I wasn’t too sure about her. I did like the aspect of forbidden love, which was refreshing in midst of the drama. With all the other great vampire novels out there, I would recommend reading them instead.