The Story is About   +  TIME

Teen Tuesday- First Edition

This is my first edition of Teen Tuesday. What is Teen Tuesday you may ask? Well, Teen Tuesday is a place for readers of Young Adult literature to interact with other YA readers. If you think you would like to join Teen Tuesday, simply send an email to teentuesday@yahoo.com with your request.

I hate to admit this but I’m kind of nervous. I don’t have the eloquence of some writers, so I’m hoping you’ll find this at least bearable to read. It’s easy for me to write a review, since I’m basically just writing what I think. I’m really hoping my writing will be up to par with the other ladies of Teen Tuesday.

My young adult reading week has been lacking. The main reason of that being I was on vacation for most of the week and for once reading wasn’t on my priority list. I did finish Miss Educated: An Upper Class novel on the two-hour plane ride home. And then on the following day I picked up Off Campus the next novel and finished that. You can find my reviews for both below.

Is anyone else a fast reader? I mean I’m not a really fast reader by any means, but on a good day I can read up to three or four books. I didn’t realize I was a fast reader until around the seventh grade. I had a wonderful Language Arts teacher, Mr. Stafanski, we called him Mr. S. He never doubted or questioned my fast reading capabilities. Instead when I would finish the assigned reading and my fellow classmates would still be engrossed in the text, actually most of them were probably goofing off, Mr. S. would notice my wandering eyes. He would often have a short story for me to read afterward and then he would ask my opinions on the reading. I remember one of the short stories I read called, The Lottery by Shirley Jackson. If you haven’t read it you should, very thought provoking, maybe too provoking for a seventh grader, but Mr. S. didn’t think so. I remember staying after class that day discussing my thoughts and I remember the huge smile on Mr. S’s face as I left the classroom. If only my joy of reading and writing hadn’t been mutilated my freshman year, things might have been different. Okay, that’s enough insight into my life for one day, on with the post.

So, like I mentioned before, my young adult reading week was interrupted. I did however, have a book in the mail waiting for me when I got home. It was from an author I’ve never heard of, F. Paul Wilson. Has anyone heard of him? Apparently he is a New York Times Best-selling Author, but does anyone really pay attention to that? I know I don’t. I mean I’m excited when I see my favorite authors on there, but it’s not the place I go when I want to know if a book is worth reading or not. Anyway, I have this book now, and it’s called Jack: Secret Histories. I guess it is the spin-off of an adult series. Has anyone read The Repairman Jack Novels?

Currently I’m reading Must’ve Done Something Good by Cheryl Cory, which isn’t a young adult novel at all, but an adult novel. I promised Cheryl awhile ago that I would read it but it just now came up in my reading pile. I’ve only finished the first chapter so I don’t have much to say about it. My review pile is actually waning, I only have seven books in it, which is quite pathetic, but I have twenty something books that I’ve bought, that I have yet to read, so I guess I can pick some of those up.

Well I think that is it. I actually made it through. If you made it this far, it must not have been that bad, but I won’t go as far to say that you enjoyed it. Thanks for sticking with me.