The Story is About   +  Scholastic

Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls: The New Girl

Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls: The New Girl by Meg Cabot

Release Date: Aug 5, 2008
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Age Group: Ages 9-12
Pages: 240

Allie is starting school at Pine Heights Elementary school! Not only is she still settling into her new house. She is very excited to be getting her very own kitten! But it seems that the mama cat may have her babies too early! Now Allie has to worry about being the new girl, plus her unborn kitten, the school spelling bee and the bully that wants to kill her! What is a girl to do!?

While I’m a huge fan of Meg Cabot’s Adult and Young Adult books, I have to admit I even enjoyed this book for younger audiences. Is there anything Meg can’t do, and I’m not just saying that because she is a fellow Hoosier! Allie is the perfect protagonist and she tackles issues that I’m sure kids face today, because I remember being the new girl and facing the same ones! Cabot’s easy reading style and comical satire are key components to which I’m sure will be a popular series among young readers.

Buy the Book: New Girl (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls)