The Story is About   +  young adult

Secrets of My Hollywood Life: Family Affair

Secrets of My Hollywood Life: Family Affair by Jen Calonita

Release Date: May 2008
Publisher: Little Brown
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 320
Other titles in the series: Secrets of My Hollywood Life and Secrets of My Hollywood Life: On Location

Kaitlin is back! She’s just finished her big movie with her career and her boyfriend still intact! Now she’s off to what she does best. Staring in the nighttime soap, Family Affair. Everything is going great! That is until newcomer Alexis starts stealing some of Kaitlin’s limelight. Is Kaitlin simply jealous or are there more forces at work?

Like its two predecessors, Secrets of My Hollywood Life: Family Affairs, was a fun and fast read. These books are impeccably clean, so I wouldn’t be cautious about sharing them with younger readers. And even an older reader like me can enjoy them. I think I find these books so entertaining is because I know, when I see a People magazine on the shelf while I’m waiting in line at the local wal-mart, I can’t help but pick it up for its celeb gossip! Who wouldn’t want to be rich and famous (besides the already rich and famous). These books are an “insiders” look into the Hollywood scene! Even though Katlin isn’t a real celeb, I’m still able to get my People fix when I read these books. I also really liked the fact that Kaitlin is dealing with real like issues like getting her drivers license, studying for the SATs and worrying about her friends going off to college.