The Story is About   +  young adult

How I Found the Perfect Dress

How I Found the Perfect Dress by Maryrose Wood

Release Date: May 6, 2008
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 240
Other titles in the series: Why I Let My Hair Grow Out


“I had the most unbelievable summer. On a bike tour of Ireland, I fell head over handle bars for the hunky guide, Colin, and – oh, yeah– magically discovered that I’m a half goddess. Then it was back to my painfully normal life– and my relationship with Colin fizzled to the occasional email– until he wrote saying he was coming here!

but Colin’s arrival is not so magical– the poor guy’s exhausted. It seems that when I found my goddess mojo, a spell was cast on Colin . In his dreams he’s forced to dance till dawn with the faeries, who want to boogie for an eternity. If I don’t break the enchantment somehow, the prom I’ve been dreaming of will be Colin’s worst nightmare. Look out faeries, Colin’s next dance is with me”

Summary from jacketflap.

I’m a fan of the series, but I have to admit that I enjoyed the first novel a lot more then its predecessor. How I Found the Perfect Dress still had the signature style of Wood’s writing, but the storyline wasn’t as captivating as Why I Let My Hair Grow Out.

Perhaps it’s because Connecticut isn’t as magical a setting as Ireland. I mean you don’t hear much about faerie lore from Connecticut. I was also disappointed the way the faerie world was connected to the mortal world, it seemed flat and random. A grocery store doesn’t spell out fantasy to me.

I did however enjoy the growth of Morgan’s character! It was great to see her finally coming into her own and being her own person rather than figuring out who she was in the first novel. Colin’s character continues to be my favorite!

You’ll definitely want to read How I Found The Perfect Dress if you are a fan of the series, just don’t expect to be dazzled like you were in the first novel.