The Story is About   +  TIME

In My Mailbox: Week Four

In My Mailbox explores the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. Of course I only mention the really cool things, like books! If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here.

I also wanted to gain some feedback from this feature. Do you like that I have the synopsis posted with the books cover, or should I simply link the title to another link where you can read the synopsis if you are interested?

Willow by Julia Hoban

"Seven months ago on a rainy March night, Willow Randall's parents drank too much wine and asked her to drive them home. But they never made it– Willow lost control of the car, and both of her parents were killed.

Now seventeen, Willow has left behind her home, friends, and school– numbing the grim reality of her new life by secretly cutting herself. But everything changes when one of Willow’s new classmates, a boy as sensitive and thoughtful as she is, discovers Willow’s secret and refuses to let her destroy herself."

I have a copy of Willow! Yay! A signed copy! Because I'm special like that. I'm really excited to read this one. I've been hearing great things about it, and I'm not surprised. The premise of the novel sounds captivating/intriguing, I mean did you read the summary... wow. Not to mention that Julia is super cool and extremely nice.

Need by Carrie Jones

"Zara collects phobias the way other high school girls collect lipsticks. Little wonder, since life’s been pretty rough so far. Her father left, her stepfather just died, and her mother’s pretty much checked out. Now Zara’s living with her grandmother in sleepy, cold Maine so that she stays “safe.” Zara doesn’t think she’s in danger; she thinks her mother can’t deal.

Wrong. Turns out that guy she sees everywhere, the one leaving trails of gold glitter, isn’t a figment of her imagination. He’s a pixie—and not the cute, lovable kind with wings. He’s the kind who has dreadful, uncontrollable needs. And he’s trailing Zara."

So this one says... "Now fans of Stephenie Meyer and Melissa Marr have a new author to devour.." Sounds good to me! Not to mentioned I've wanted to read it since I saw those sparkly gold lips. And maybe, just maybe I might have read this one... yesterday. But you'll have to wait for my review to see if it puts SM and MM to shame.

Purge by Sarah Littman

"Janie Ryman hates throwing up. So why does she binge eat and then stick her fingers down her throat several times a day? That’s what the doctors and psychiatrists at Golden Slopes hope to help her discover. But first Janie must survive everyday conflicts between the Barfers and the Starvers, attempts by the head psychiatrist to fish painful memories out of her emotional waters, and shifting friendships and alliances among the kids in the ward."

I'm very intrigued by this one! Very much so after I found out that the author herself suffered from an eating disorder when she was a teenager. I've never had a eating disorder, but I too suffered, and still do at times, from a distorted self image. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the author tackles this serious issue.

After the Moment by Garret Freymann-Weyr

"Maia Morland is pretty, only not pretty-pretty. She's smart. She's brave. She's also a self-proclaimed train wreck.Leigh Hunter is smart, popular, and extremely polite. He's also completely and forever in love with Maia Morland.Their young love starts off like a romance novel—full of hope, strength, and passion. But life is not a romance novel and theirs will never become a true romance. For when Maia needs him the most, Leigh betrays both her trust and her love."

I hadn't even heard of this book until it came in my mailbox! But now that I have it, I'll admit it, I'm interested! I mean, what does Leigh do! I must know! Although I've never heard of the author either (is that bad?) she has Printz Honor book award from her other novel My Heartbeat.

Yes I got another copy! This is the one I traded Lenore for. Obviously I would have picked a different book, had I known that I was going to be receiving a copy! But it worked out just fine and I sent my other copy out to a fellow reviewer. You might have heard of him, James a.k.a. Book Chic.

And just so you know James, I send it out yesterday, so it is on it's way. Hope you like it!

If you want to see the summary for this book you can check out another "In My Mailbox" post, here.

Okay so now you know what's in mine, what did you get in yours? You can sign the Mr. Linky below, if you would, please link your actual post, so that it is easier to find! Thanks! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know that I am still recovering.