The Story is About   +  TIME

In My Mailbox: Week Three

In My Mailbox is a post about, you guessed it, books coming in my mailbox. And I'm really nosy (and I think it's fun), so I'd like to know what's in your mailbox too. If you want to participate in "In My Mailbox" you can check out the unofficial regulations, here!

This week in my mailbox:

Chalice by Robin McKinley

"As the newly appointed Chalice, Mirasol is the most important member of the Master's Circle. It is her duty to bind the Circle, the land and its people together with their new Master. But the new Master of Willowlands is a Priest of Fire, only drawn back into the human world by the sudden death of his brother. No one knows if it is even possible for him to live amongst his people. Mirasol wants the Master to have his chance, but her only training is as a beekeeper. How can she help settle their demesne during these troubled times and bind it to a Priest of Fire, the touch of whose hand can burn human flesh to the bone?"

I'm so excited to get this book! I've never read Robin McKinley before... I know, I just recently emerged from the rock I've been living under... but I've heard such great things about her writing, so I can't wait to read it!!!

Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag

"Pretty Little Liars meets My So-Called Life in this story of four American teens in Paris and the scandals that haunt each of them.

There’s rich New York girl Alex; Cali-born dancer Olivia; closeted Memphis boy Zack; and finally PJ, an elusive beauty from Vermont who’s hiding a dark past.

Studying abroad for their junior year of high school, they run wild in the Tuileries, hold clandestine parties in their host families’ luxe apartments, take over tiny crowded cafes and generally live the glamorous life.

But in the end they all must face the lies they’ve told and secrets they’ve kept when the unthinkable happens."

Have heard a few things about this, and they've made me really interested in reading this novel. I'm also interested in experiencing debut novelist Lucy Silag.

The King's Rose by Alisa Libby

"Appointed to the queen’s household at the age of fourteen, Catherine Howard is not long at court before she catches the eye of King Henry VIII. The king is as enchanted with Catherine as he is disappointed with his newest wife — the German princess Anne of Cleves. Less than a year from her arrival at court, Catherine becomes the fifth wife of the overwhelmingly powerful, if aging, King of England.

Caught up in a dazzling whirl of elaborate celebrations, rich gowns and royal jewels, young Catherine is dizzied by the absolute power that the king wields over his subjects. But does becoming the king’s wife make her safe above all others, or put her in more danger? Catherine must navigate the conspiracies, the silent enemies, the king’s unpredictable rages, as well as contend with the ghosts of King Henry’s former wives: the abandoned Catherine of Aragon, the tragic Jane Seymour, and her own cousin, the beheaded Anne Boleyn. The more Catherine learns about court, the more she can see the circles of danger constricting around her, the threats ever more dire."

I love me some historical fiction!

You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay

"Megan Berry's social life is so dead. Literally.

Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues.

All Megan wants is to be normal--and go to homecoming, of course. Unfortunately, it's a little hard when your dates keep getting interrupted by a bunch of slobbering Undead.

Things are about to get even worse for Megan. Someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party--the bloody kind.

Megan must stop the Zombie apocalypse descending on Carol, Arkansas. Her life--and more importantly, homecoming--depends on it."

Even though I'm on Team Unicorn... I still really want to read this! I visit Stacey's blog frequently so I'm really excited to be reading her book!

If I Stay by Gail Forman

"Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love— music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind? Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it’s the only one that matters."

Does that not sound like a great book! Someone also has a ARC of this for sale on Ebay.. I found it when I was searching for a summary. Naughty, Naughty tylerdurden1!

I was also lucky enough to receive Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson! I love LHA. Speak is one of my all time favorite books. Speaking of Speak (ha) I just might have read a book that equals it's spectacular-ness the other day... uh huh.

Want to share your list!? Sign Mr. Linky below! Be sure to link your actual "In My Mailbox" post in the URL section!