The Story is About   +  young adult

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman

Release Date: December 26, 2008
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 544

Eon has been studying the ancient art of Dragon Magic for four years, hoping he’ll be able to apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune. But he also has a dark secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been living a dangerous lie for the chance to become a Dragoneye, the human link to an energy dragon’s power. It is forbidden for females to practice the Dragon Magic and, if discovered, Eon faces a terrible death. After a dazzling sword ceremony, Eon’s affinity with the twelve dragons catapults him into the treacherous world of the Imperial court where he makes a powerful enemy, Lord Ido. As tension builds and Eon’s desperate lie comes to light, readers won’t be able to stop turning the pages...

This book was spectacular! I really enjoyed reading it, very addicting. The story takes place in a sort of Asian themed world. Although the world itself is purely created by the author, Goodman did mirror some of the past elements of Asian culture and society. Which I thought was a wonderful addition to the overall setting. Beautiful descriptions!

The plot while steady throughout the novel, seemed to fly by the last quarter or so! There was some predictability, and I was frustrated with Eon/a for not figuring it out earlier when it’s so blatantly obvious! For a fairly smart boy/girl, she was considerable dense when it came to this aspect! Despite my frustrations is did play out nicely within the plot, and while I became increasingly frustrated in this one element of the story I totally missed the obviousness of another! But perhaps that is what Goodman had planned all along. The characters were all fascinating and well developed. My favorites had to be Lady Dela, Ryko and Chart.

Goodman’s writing is filled with rich details! I loved the descriptive elements! Did I mention that already!?

Can I just say that I really had no idea what a eunuch was and not come across as ignorant. I actually learned a thing or two while reading this novel.

My only complaint is the ending! Total cliffhanger. I need the next book, like now.