The Story is About   +  zombie

You are so Undead to Me by Stacey Jay

You are so Undead to Me by Stacey Jay

Release Date: January 22, 2009
Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: Young Adult, ages 12 and up
Pages: 256

Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a whole bunch of semi-dead people with killer issues. All Megan really wants is to go to homecoming, but when you're trailed by a bunch of slobbering corpses whenever you leave the house, it's kinda hard to score a date. Let's just say Megan's love life could use some major resuscitation.

Megan's convinced her life can't get any worse - until someone in school starts using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into scary, hardcore flesh-eating Zombies. Now it's up to Megan to stop the Zombie apocalypse. Her life - and more importantly, the homecoming dance - depends on it.

Stacey Jay made my first exposure to the wonderful world of zombie literature a fun one! I always think of Michael Jackson’s Thriller video when I think of zombies. Not that has any significance for this review, but I just felt like throwing that out there, because that’s how I kept imagining the zombies when I was reading this novel. I thought the whole Settler society was a very interesting and unique! And Jay does a remarkable job depicting it.

I was expecting a darker theme, but it ended up being lighthearted and funny. There’s a steady dose of suspense, action, humor and romance which always makes for a good read. Megan is a typical teenage girl, I mean except for the whole helping the undead thing. But that is what makes You are so Undead to Me such a charming read!

I had no idea who the culprits were! Now that I know, I don’t know why I didn’t figure it out earlier, but I was just at oblivious as Megan! I love when a novel baffles me like that. Stacey Jay has written an impressive debut novel and I’m looking forward to reading more by her!