The Story is About   +  young adult

Fade by Lisa McMann

Fade by Lisa McMann

Release Date: February 10, 2009
Publisher: Simon Pulse/Simon and Schuster
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256
Other Titles in the Series: Wake

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck. Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open--but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability. And it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a Dream Catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd even feared...

I love this series. I have been waiting to read Fade since I sped through the last few pages of Wake, and I was not disappointed. Everything that I attracted me to the first novel is still there, simplicity of McMann’s writing, quick pace and realistic dialogue.

Fade divulges more about Janie’s ability which was fascinating and stunning at the same time. The unique relationship between Janie and Cabel is also taken to a new level. I cannot wait to read the next insallment of this series and find out what happens to these characters!

I usually don’t comment on the content within a novel, but I know there were a few comments on my review of Wake that said they had a problem with the language. So yes, there is some vulgar language in this book, and if that is going to bother you, keep in mind this novel is about catching a sexual predator.