The Story is About   +  Melissa Marr

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Release Date: April 21, 2009
Publisher: Harper Teen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 400
Other Titles in the Series: Wicked Lovely & Ink Exchange

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

If you are a fan of the Wicked Lovely series, you are going to love this sequel. It’s the best book of the series by far. Fragile Eternity begins right where we left off on Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange. I’d recently read Ink Exchange, but it had been a while since I’d read Wicked Lovely, but fortunately I didn’t have any problems getting right back into the story.

I love Melissa’s Marr’s writing, and I think I enjoyed it even more this time after reading her previous two books. It’s very lyrical alluring. I was completely captivated while reading. I managed to read this one in a day, I was that enthralled!

It was fascinating to gain the insights to the Faerie Courts. After two books, we finally get to see some of the inner workings, that make the courts so different and yet very similar to each other. And the introduction to the new characters worked seamlessly within the plot.

As for the characters, Naill is still by far my favorite and I think the most complex. Aislinn’s character on the other hand becomes a little tiring. I don’t understand how she can continue to be so naive! She actually had common sense in Wicked Lovely, I just wonder what happened to it.

Overall, I loved it, well except for the whole cliffhanger ending! I’m dying to know what happen’s next. Tons of plot twists, and unexpected revelations at every turn, this one will keep you turning the pages!