The Story is About   +  TIME

In My Mailbox (22)

In My Mailbox explores the contents of my mailbox on a weekly basis. Of course I only mention the really cool things, like books! If you would like to participate and have your own “In My Mailbox” post, you can find more information here. (This post was inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.)

How Do You Get All Those BOOKS!?

So this week I turned into Alea. I knew it was only a matter of time, but I guess I could have been worse! HA! I had a bookcloseouts order that came in this week.

  • Cruel Summer (PB) by Alyson Noel
  • Guitar Girl by (HB) by Sarra Manning
  • Avalon High Coronation (PB) by Meg Cabot... it was only $.99!
  • Wicked Lovely (PB) by Melissa Marr (U.K. edition)
  • Valient (PB) by Holly Black (U.K. edition)
  • Queen of Babble in the Big City (HB) by Meg Cabot... I finally have them all!
  • Kiss of the Highlander (PB) by Karen Marie Moning
  • Beyond the Highland Mist (PB) by Karen Marie Moning
  • To Tame a Highland Warrior (PB) by Karen Marie Moning
  • Spell of the Highlander (PB) by Karen Marie Moning

Then on wednesday while I was out getting dogfood, I noticed these "dollar books" signs, so of course I had to go check it out... 50 bucks later:

  • Red Handed (PB) by Gena Showalter
  • Blacklisted (PB) by Gena Showalter
  • Cooking Light Annual Recipies 2007 (I love cookbooks!)
  • Cooking Light Slow Cooker
  • Braless in Wonderland (HB) by Debbie Reed Fischer (I'll probably mooch this one...?)
  • Graffiti Girl (PB) by Kelly Para
  • Catalyst (PB) by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Twisted (HB) by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • The Princess Bride (HB) by William Goldman (The movie is my all time fav.)
  • The Purple Emperor (PB) by Herbie Brennan
  • Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty (HB) by Jody Gehrman (I'll probably mooch this one too...?)

Then I also got some Paperback Swap and Bookmooch books!!

  • Speak (HB) by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • The Princess Bride (PB) by William Goldman (this one has a cool fold out map!)
  • Pretties (PB) by Scott Westerfeld (really disappointed with the quaility of this one, it was a PB Swap book too, and I have really specific condition requirements... didn't meet them!)
  • Uglies (PB) by Scott Westerfeld
  • Faerie Wars (HB) by Herbie Brennan (another PB Swap book that was disappointing. This one didn't have the jacket cover! Thanks for letting me know! grrr!)
  • Size 12 is not Fat by Meg Cabot (this one was even signed!)
  • Size 14 is not Fat Either by Meg Cabot

And on top of that I got some books for review:

20 Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (ARC/Little Brown & CO./June 1, 2009)
I finally FINALLY, got a copy of 20 Boy Summer! I think I'm the last reviewer on the planet to get one! But I did! YAY! I'm really looking forward to reading this one, I've heard nothing but good things about it. And I love love the cover! On the ARC it says "cover art not final"! I really hope they don't change it! It looks like they may have changed the font for the title...

The Secret Life of Prince Charming (HB/Simon Pulse/April 7, 2009) and The Fortunes of Indigo Skye (PB/Simon Pulse/April 7, 2009) by Deb Caletti
I have yet to read a book by Caletti and these two look like great ones to start with! I've heard good things about her books so I can't wait to crack open these two!

Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce (ARC/Random House/April 14, 2009)
I've never read a Tamora Pierce novel either! I'm so behind! I haven't read the first book in this series, and I have a feeling this is one of those times that I need to read the first book. So I'm going to try to track the first one down. My library of course does not have it... maybe I can find one to mooch or swap! I've heard great things about Pierce to, so I'm looking forward to finally reading her!

30 Days to Finding and Keeping a Sassy Sidekick and Bffs by Clea Hantman (ARC/Delacorte Press/April 14, 2009)
I've read Clea's other book like this. It's an actual handbook, which is a little different. But it was fun, so I'll have to look through this one as well. Maybe I can even find some good tips as I'm one of the worst friends ever!

And that my lovlies is it! Okay so now you know what's in mine, what did you get in yours? You can sign the Mr. Linky below, if you would, please link your actual post, so that it is easier to find! Thanks!