The Story is About   +  young adult

Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

Release Date: June 11, 2009
Publisher: Razorbill
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 270

To impress the popular girls on a high school trip to London, klutzy Callie buys real Prada heels. But trying them on, she trips…conks her head…and wakes up in the year 1815!

There Callie meets Emily, who takes her in, mistaking her for a long-lost friend. As she spends time with Emily’s family, Callie warms to them—particularly to Emily’s cousin Alex, a hottie and a duke, if a tad arrogant.
But can Callie save Emily from a dire engagement, and win Alex’s heart, before her time in the past is up?

More Cabot than Ibbotson, Prada and Prejudice is a high-concept romantic comedy about finding friendship and love in the past in order to have happiness in the present.

And the “Feast of Awesome” continues! Total Deb pun there! If I had describe Prada and Prejudice in one word it would be: cute! It was such a cute read! I’d even say that middle grade readers would enjoy this one.

I love the whole regency period and often wish I’d magically land in the era myself, so this novel was right up my alley. Callie was a very 21st century character so having her wake up in the 1800's was rather comical! I would have liked to gotten to know her 21st century character a little bit more, but I couldn’t definitely see a change in her, from the brief time I’d seen her in her “own world.”

The writing flowed nicely and was very charming. P&P was a very quick read for me, due to a combination of it being only 270 pages and from being very entertaining. This is a must read for Jane Austen Junkies!