The Story is About   +  young adult

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Release Date: December 8, 2009
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 464
From: Book Fairy Heather/Amazon Vine
Interest: plot & cover
Buy the Book: Amazon

/Indiebound

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.
Three words; dangerous, dark & exciting!

Let me first start out by saying that I'm so perturbed by some of the summaries that I've found for this book! Why don't we just tell the whole frackin' story! No need to read the book... just read this summary, let us ruin it for you! GRRR! I hate when they give away plot elements! I found this summary on Random House and I have to say, it's the best one! (I edited the one on Goodreads to this!) It's intriguing enough, but doesn't give away the whole story. Rant, done. On with the review.

This book was fantastic. I loved it. If this series is anything like what I am anticipating after reading the first novel, it's going to be epic.

It has all the elements of a great novel, there were just a few unsettling factors that I won't mention as to keep this spoiler free. But overall, I'm impressed!

The characterization is spectacular. Kate divulges enough about each character, allowing a sense of recognition, yet at the same time, you're questioning their very actions, wondering exactly who or what they are. Three dimensional characters, shrouded in mystery! I'm hoping that Luce regains some of her assertiveness as the series continues.

The writing was impressive. The drab descriptions of Sword and Cross transport you there along with the characters. Her descriptive writing is intense without being superfluous.

The plot was a little slow moving, but Kate was still able to keep me thoroughly engaged in the story. I had so many questions that I needed answered, and the pages couldn't be turned fast enough. And although a lot of my questions remained unanswered, it only added to the appeal of the story. There needed to be some remaining mystery. Twists that I hadn't anticipated in the least enhanced the plot as well.

Just an awesome story, I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the series.