The Story is About   +  young adult

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

Release Date: October 6, 2009
Publisher: Hyperion
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 396
Source: Publisher
Interest: Series
Other Titles in the Series: Blue Bloods, Masquerade & Revelations
Buy the Book/Associate Links:Amazon

/Indiebound

With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.
Three words; a sad disappointment.

This is one of my favorite vampire serieses, I love the premise of vampires being "fallen angels," however, I was very disappointed with this insallment of the series.

The chapters alternate between three characters, Schuyler, Bliss, and Mimi. Their once distinct voices and character attributes weren't present. I found myself lost in the narration... whose chapter was this again? Besides very different events happening... they were basically the same girl.

Not to mention there is so much going on. So many people, so many sub-plots, so much back story, so much corruption... instead of being an compelling complex story, it has just become... confusing.

I'm a little irritated that this series isn't over. This novel just felt like a filler novel, nothing really happens... I'm right where I was when Revelations ended. I'm really hoping the next novel is going to be better.