The Story is About   +  TIME

More Challenges!

I've been debating about joining more challenges. I did a ton in 2008 and while I completed them is it was a big challenge! (which I guess is the point!) In 2009 I didn't partcipate in any challenges, unless you count the one that I hosted.

But I think I'm going to take the plunge and join a few challenges this year.

Jessica from Chick Lit Teen and Author Kay Cassidy are hosting the 10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge!

"Co-hosted by teen book blogger Jessica (www.chicklitteens.com) and YA author Kay Cassidy (www.kaycassidy.com), the 10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge is your chance to read some fabulous teen chick lit books with other chick lit fans. The challenge runs from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010."

You can find more info about the challenge at Kay or Jessica's sites! Basically you need to read at least 10 teen chick-lit books. I'm hoping to possibly add more to my list as the year progresses. Jessica and Kay also have a lot of fun things planned for participants so be sure to check out their sites for more information.

10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge

Here is my list:

  1. The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
  2. Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman
  3. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
  4. Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
  5. Forgive My Fins by Terra Lynn Childs
  6. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young
  7. Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton
  8. Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
  9. A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

I'm also joining the POC Reading Challenge! With the recent issues in the publishing world, such as whitewashing covers, I think it's important to help in a constructive way, that best suits you. And this is mine. I'm going to try for the Level 4. Which is to read 10-15 POC books. To qualify for the challenge the book should be written about a PoC or be authored by a PoC. I'll be limiting my books to YA and MG literature. And I'm hoping to add more to my list as the year progresses.

POC Reading Challenge

Here is my list:

  1. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
  2. Liar by Justine Larbalestier
  3. Sphinx's Princess by Esther M. Friesner
  4. Gateway by Sharon Shinn
  5. Magic Under Glass by Jacyln Dolamore
  6. Shine Coconut Moon by Neesha Meminger
  7. Escaping the Tiger by Laura Manivong
  8. Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith
  9. Nothing but the Truth [and a few white lies] by Justina Chen Headley
  10. Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
  11. DupliKate by Cherry Cheva