The Story is About   +  young adult

Shadowland by Alyson Noel

Shadowland

by Alyson Noel

Release Date: November 17, 2009
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 339
Source: Publisher
Interest: series
Other Titles in the Series: Evermore & Blue Moon

At the start of this breathtaking novel, Damen and Ever travel to Summerland in search of an antidote to reverse a powerful poison. But instead of the cure they seek, they find something far more sinister: the truth about their existence and the fate lying in wait of an immortal’s soul.

Now, with Damen fighting to save them from the Shadowland, Ever turns to magick, hoping to break Damen’s curse. Along the way Ever encounters the mysterious Jude, finding herself drawn to him in a way that will test her love for Damen like never before . . .
First off lets start with some positives.

I really enjoy this series! It’s fun, it’s fast, it’s entertaining. I loved the first two books! This time around... didn’t love it so much.

As I mentioned before, it took me no time at all to read. The plot was intriguing, but it just wasn’t enough to satisfy me this time around. I loved the introduction of the “shadowland” but it just lacked substance in the plot overall.

I just find myself being frustrated more than finding actual enjoyment from the book. Mostly because I didn’t really feel that anything is resolved from the last book. The plot advances, yes, more problems... more characters, but nothing is resolved. Ever and Damen’s relationship hasn’t progressed at all... it’s getting a little bit tedious. I found myself even more frustrated with Ever. The girl is killing me. Her impulsiveness and stubbornness can be forgiven and even overlooked the first and even the second time around, but by the third book I’d like to see a little personal growth. She keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over and over! And it’s not for a lack of guidance! How many hundreds of years has Damen been alive... just listen to the guy for once will you!

I also noticed a lack of connection with Ever’s friends Miles and Haven... does Ever even have friends anymore?

Everything I loved about the series was there... great writing, impressive imagery, engaging story... they were just overshadowed by things I didn’t like.

At this point, I’m definitely going to continue to read the series. I’m hoping I get more of what I loved in Evermore and Blue Moon in the next installment.