The Story is About   +  Julie Kagawa

Author Interview: Julie Kagawa

Julie Kagawa

Books:

  • The Iron King

    (February 1, 2010)

Website
Blog
My review

The Iron King

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

(summary from B&N)


Describe your writing in three words?

Very scary faeries. (Look, I even made it rhyme.)

What is the most interesting comment you've received about The Iron King?

Well, I did have someone ask me if the Iron king looked like David Bowie, lmao! No he does not, nor does he dance around in The Pants. (Random Labyrinth insertion, lol.)

Was The Iron King always meant to be a trilogy?

Yes, though I deliberately wrote the ending in such a way that it ties up the main problem in The Iron King without having to go on to book 2, just in case the publisher didn't want to buy it as a trilogy. Thankfully, they did. :)

If you could travel back in time for one year, what time and place would you choose? And if you could only take 3 things with you, what would they be?

One year, huh? I've always wanted to go to medieval Japan and see the samurai, but I would definitely bring clean underwear (no loincloths for me, thanks), a toothbrush, and a jumbo sized bottle of asprin.

What's something surprising about yourself that most people wouldn't think true?

I'm actually quite shy in public. I don't like drawing attention to myself unless I really know a person well.

What's next for you?

Workin' on a sekrit project now. But always writing. As long as my fingers don't fall off.


Thanks Julie!