The Story is About   +  novel

Author Event: Lauren Oliver

I don't get to attend as many author events as I'd like, and it's isn't often that I get to attend two events so close together, but after attending the Julie Kagawa signing just a few weekends ago, I was lucky enough to attend another author event the weekend after!

On Sunday, May 7, I drove 125 some miles to Ann Arbor, Michigan to see debut author Lauren Oliver! Her novel Before I Fall was released earlier this month, and I couldn't pass up the chance to meet Lauren after reading her awesome debut!

I meet up with some other bloggers for lunch at T.G. I. Friday's which was right across the street from Borders. I'm all about not getting lost when I travel! So, Chelsea from The Page Flipper, Tirzah from The Compulsive Reader and Sara from The Hiding Spot, along with Tirzah's mom, and Sarah's boyfriend, and myself enjoyed a nice lunch talking about books and authors and everything in between.

I love meeting up with bloggers, it's like getting an instant best friend, there is never a lax in the conversation! After lunch we headed back over to Borders to wait for the signing... we did a lot of shelf browsing. The Anne Arbor Borders was a big store, but it didn't have the massive YA section that the Louisville Borders did. Regardless we had a wonderful time perusing the shelves and talking books.

They had an excellent "Author Event" area. I've never been to a store that had anything like that. It was very cool! Once Lauren arrived the store members introduced her. She talked about her inspiration and reasons for writing Before I Fall, a little bit about her history in the publishing world, some personal insight, and she also read a few passages from Before I Fall. And she gave out candy for asking questions! I asked about the cover! Isn't it gorgeous?! And they served some delicious coffee-cake and coffee samples durning Lauren's talk and reading! YUM!

We also meet a fellow literary lunatic Beth, that hosts her own blog about all things Twilight at TWI-sessions! She's an aspiring author herself!

Overall another great author event! Lauren was beautiful, savvy, hilarious and so very sweet!

I also wanted to mention that if you've bought a copy of Before I Fall, you should enter Sharon's of Sharon Loves Books and Cats contest! Lots of AWESOME goodies, singed books, swag and gift cards!! And if you've already bought it or planning to, why not enter!! But hurry the deadline is March 15!!

And PICTURES:

Bloggers!! Chelsea, Tirzah, Sara, and me!

Lauren reading from Before I Fall.

Lauren and I!

Check out Lauren's nails! HOW COOL!