The Story is About   +  TIME

Books to Pine For (35)

This is the little bit of everything edition.

Basically "Books to Pine For" are books not yet released, that I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on! Okay... so my hands aren't really grubby... I mean I wash them like at least 30 times a day... no really I do, I work in the healthcare field... so lots of hand washing... but I just thought grubby little hands sounded good.

If this is your first visit to le blog, I do "Books to Pine For" sporadically, it's a regular feature but it doesn't have a set date I post every month or what not.

You can check out all the books to pine for posts, they start chronologically from the most recent. In case you want to check out some earlier ones I've done. Okay I've rambled enough on to the goods!

Just a note.. all the links in the titles go to their Goodreads page... easier to add to your wishlist!

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
I saw this cover at Amazon, I'm really hoping it is not the final one, I've seen another version that I liked batter... it may have a duel meaning within the novel, but eh.. not digging it. Probably wouldn't pick this one up based on the cover, but the story sounds awesome... reincarnation and love! Sign me up! Coming August 24, 2010 from Razorbill.

Freefall by Mini Scott
2010 Debut Author!! Add this one to your reading lists! Love the cover and the tagline: "How do you come back from the point of no return?" Coming October 5, 2010 from Simon Pulse.

NoMANSland by Lesley Hauge
I don't really think the title is supposed to have MAN like that.. but I like it that way. Another 2010 Debut Author. This one is about an island of solely women, and they have to protect this island from their enemy... man! Ohhh sounds so good. Coming June 22, 2010 from Henry Holt books for Young Readers.

Torment by Lauren Kate
LOVE this cover... so beautiful, those tattoos are hot. Second in a series... the first = Fallen. For some reason this cover makes me think of Amy Winehouse. I have high expectations for this novel, hope it lives up to it. Coming September 28, 2010 from Delacorte Books for Young Readers.

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow
Book three in the Strange Angles series... still need to read the second one myself, but I loved the first one. Not so sure about this cover, but I'm glad they kept the same model as the first two books. Coming June 24, 2010 from Razorbill.

Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
This is the first book of a new series based in NYC in the 1920's. If this is anything like Godberen's Luxe series, it's going to be great. Coming October 26, 2010 from HarperCollins.

Nightshade by Andrea
Another 2010 debut! This one is about werewolves... nuff said! Coming October 14, 2010 from Philomel.

Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund
I'm so proud of myself because I can spell Diana's last name without looking! But I'm even more excited to read Ascendant!! Killer unicorns take two! This isn't the final cover, but it's still BEAUTIFUL! I so loved reading all the research about the unicorns that Diana did for this series... so very awesome. Coming September 28, 2010 from Harper Teen.

Wish by Joseph Monninger
This cover makes me long for summer days... ahh... but the story sounds very heart-felt. A big sister trying to make her dying brothers dream come true. Awww.. Coming November 9, 2010 from Delacorte Books for Young Readers.

The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder
A 2011 debut already! Woohoo! Look how shiny those lips are! Wowzers. This one sounds like a good "finding yourself story" so looking forward to 2011! Coming in 2011 from Graphia.

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade
I love the font on this one! And how cute is that cover. This story sounds like a lot of fun, the queen bee is now the queen of the dead and the goth boy is the only one who can see her. Do smell fun beyond the grave! Coming July 6, 2010 from Hyperion.

Crossing Over by Anna Kendall
I don't even know what this one is about but the tagline: "Some talents can be dangerous" already has me intrigued... not to mention the cover. I'm thinking about a talent for crossing over from the living to the dead and back again, could be wrong, but that my initial assumption. Coming October 14, 2010 from Viking Juvenile.

Rae by Chelsea Rae Swiggett
Why yes, that is the famous Chelsea from The Page Flipper's book. I mean how can I not want to read this! Coming August 2, 2010 from HCI Teens.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Gah... I can't wait for this one and it's such a looooooong time to wait. "It's about a girl. It's about a boy. It's about Parisian boarding school, almond-scented macarons, famous cemeteries, and cinemaphiles. It's about heartache. And it's about true love." Swoon. Coming December 9, 2010 from Dutton Juvenile. (yes that says December... ugh!)

Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love
I have 28 words for you... Maggie Stiefvater, Becca Fitzpatrick, Rachel Vincent, Karen Mahoney, Diana Peterfreund, Daniel Waters, Carrie Ryan, Justine Musk, Daniel Marks, Sarah Rees Brennan, Michelle Rowan, Michelle Zink and Caitlin Kittredge. Coming July 27, 2010 from Running Press Kids.

The Invisible Girl by Mary Hanlon Stone
I think I've had this one on the pine list before... but this is a new cover, and I like it sooo much better. Another 2010 debut author. Coming May 27, 2010 from Philomel.

Enchanted Ivy by Sarah Beth Durst
Gargoyles, were-tigers and dragons... um yes please! Coming October 12, 2010 from Margaret K. McElderry.

Crusade by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie
Ever since I read the short story that Nancy and Debbie did in The Eternal Kiss... I've wanted more, and now I will get it! Can't wait for this one! Coming September 21, 2010 from Simon Pulse.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
How awesome is this cover. I can not freaggin wait to read this book. I have a sneak peek booklet that I snagged at one of Cassandra's signings, and have been salivating to read more. The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series' and I can't wait to read this new one! Coming August 31, 2010 from Margaret K. McElderry

The Fortune of Carmen Navarro by Jen Bryant
This one sounds great! Inspired by the novella and opera Carmen! Coming November 9, 2010 from Knopf Books for Young Readers.

Keys to the Repository by Melissa De le Cruz
Part of the Blue Bloods series. The cover for this one is winning me over... I so love this series, just hope this book is better than the last one. Coming June 29, 2010 from Hyperion.

Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
I still have yet to read Incarceron, but RJ Anderson endorses these books, so they gotta be good. Also LOVE this cover... so pretty.