The Story is About   +  TIME

Books to Pine For (36)

Basically "Books to Pine For" are books not yet released, that I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on! Okay... so my hands aren't really grubby... I mean I wash them like at least 30 times a day... no really I do, I work in the healthcare field... so lots of hand washing... but I just thought grubby little hands sounded good.

If this is your first visit to le blog, I do "Books to Pine For" sporadically, it's a regular feature but it doesn't have a set date I post every month or what not.

You can check out all the books to pine for posts, they start chronologically from the most recent. In case you want to check out some earlier ones I've done. Okay I've rambled enough on to the goods!

Just a note.. all the links in the titles go to their Goodreads page... easier to add to your wishlist!

Magic Eight by Risa Green
I'm not really sure what this one is about, but it has a very cute cover... and with the tagline "You never know where you will find magic" I'm sure it's going to be great! Coming September 1, 2010 from Sourcebooks Fire.

Teenage Waistland by Lynn Biedermann and Lisa Pazer.
This one is told in the perspective of three overweight teens. Been wanting to read more from Lynn since Unraveling and I finally have my chance. Coming November 9, 2010 from Delacorte Books for Young Readers.

The Other Side of the Dark by Sarah Smith
I have no idea what this one is about, but the cover is awesome. The author writes a log of mystery, so perhaps a mystery. This is Sarah Smith's young adult debut. Coming November 2, 2010 from Simon & Schuster.

Grace by Elizabeth Scott
I don't even care what this one is about, it by Elizabeth freaggin' Scott. But I believe it's some sort of dystpian novel. Coming September 16, 2010 from Dutton.

Poser by Sue Wyshynski
For some reason when I look at this cover it makes me think of a cross between the movies Blue Crush and Mean Girls! A book about surfing and social acceptance! Coming June 8, 2010 from Walker Books for Young Readers.

I Know Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
High school and marriage... it will be interesting to see how this one will play out. Not sure what it's all about. Coming June 1, 2010 from Arthur A. Levine Books.

How to Make a Bird by Martine Murray
How beautiful is this cover... wow, I want a poster of it for my wall. Marine is an Aussie author! This one sounds awesome too... "Martine Murray tells a story about growing up and listening to your heart."Coming June 1, 2010 from Arthur A. Levine Books.

Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin
No idea what this one is about... but I do know the girls name is Phoebe! Why is she running in heels? Will we ever know? Coming September 7, 2010 from Dial.

StarCrossed by Elizabeth C. Bunce
Hmm... love the cover, not sure what this one is all about... kings, theives, ladies in waiting, this could be good! Coming October 1, 2010 from Arthur A. Levine Books.

Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
Two words... princess & dragon. Yes please! Coming July 1, 2010 from Bethany House.

Misguided Angel by Melissa de la Cruz
Okay so this one is part of the Blue Bloods series... not The Keys to Repository, which is actually a "guidebook" to the series. Which I really need at this point, because with all the subplots, I am totally lost, who is good and who is bad? Who is related and married and promised to who! Wasn't in love with the last book so I'm really hoping this one reaffirms my love for the series. Coming October 5, 2010 from Disney Hyperion.

Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
This series recently got a makeover. I have to say that the new covers are beautiful, and I think that they will appeal to a whole new set of readers. I actually haven't read the first book in this series but I REALLY REALLY want too... why don't I already! Coming August 1, 2010 from Little Brown Books for Young Readers.

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
How freaggin' fantastic is this cover! I WANT that dress! I can not wait to read this one! Coming September 21, 2010 from HarperTeen.

Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
This book is like nothing I've ever heard of and it sounds like the craziest book ever. Which of course makes me really really want to read it. "Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?" Coming October 18, 2010 from Graphia.

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
The sequel to Beautiful Creatures... need I say more... I don't think so. Coming October 26, 2010 from Little Brown Books for Young Readers.

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
Have been waiting to read more A.S. King since the last pages of The Dust of 100 Dogs, and now I FINALLY have my chance. Coming October 12, 2010 from Knopf Books for Young Readers.

Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
This one sounds so awesome, although it doesn't hit the shelves until 2011... ugh! That is very depressing. Coming March 2011 from Delacorte.