The Story is About   +  young adult

Gentlemen by Michael Northrop

Gentlemen

by Michael Northrop

Release Date: April 15, 2009
Publisher: Scholastic
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256
Source: Author
Interest: Debut Author
Challenge: None

Micheal, Tommy, Mixer, and Bones aren't just from the wrong side of the tracks--they're from the wrong side of everything. Except for Mr. Haberman, their remedial English teacher, no one at their high school takes them seriously. Haberman calls them "gentlemen," but everyone else ignores them--or, in Bones's case, is dead afraid of them. When one of their close-knit group goes missing, the clues all seem to point in one direction: to Mr. Haberman.
I'm not really sure about Gentlemen. It took me forever to get to this book... I think it might have been the cover... freaks me out! But at the same time I found it kind of intruging, like I coudln't like away once I did look at it.

While Gentlemen was very well written and Northrop is obviously a very talented author, this novel just wasn't for me.I just never got sucked into the novel, never cared about what happened to the characters.

Mike the narrator, did have an excellent voice. His voice and the mystery surronding the novel is what kept me reading. I never expected the ending either. Which is actually a good thing. The ending was fantastic. Totally made the novel.

Overall it was excellently written, scarily realistic and gritty.