The Story is About   +  TIME

Pretty Little Liars, Secret Keeper Game

Ever since I've heard that the Pretty Little Liar novels were being turned into a television show, I've been ecstatic! I've wanted to read the series for a long time (I just actually bought the first four books in a boxed set!) and the show has given me some good incentive to final crack down and start the books!

I posted about my excitement for the show several times in the past. A few weeks ago I received an email from ABC Family asking if I would participate in a new interactive game helping to promote the television show. Of course I jumped at the chance! They said I would be receiving a package that would contain a smart phone to help with participation in the game and that I was welcome to keep the phone after the game was over.

As far as a disclosure... I had no idea what the game actually entailed (what the challenges would be, etc), I didn't know what kind of phone I would getting, and ABC Family doesn't require me in any way to say that I am, or act like I am excited to watch the show. I just really am!

So on Saturday when I got back from NYC, I thought it was about time that I opened the package and find out what was inside!

I wasn't sure what to expect at all. But I know what I found wasn't what I was expecting! After I opened the outer box, inside was a black box wrapped in plastic. It looked like this:

Isn't that fancy! It says Pretty Little Liars on it, in case you can't read it. (photo looks a little blurry.) Once I opened the box, there was an awesome pictures of the actresses from the show, and some sort of vellum covering, that stated "Some secrets you have to dig for. -A"

And underneath the vellum covering was dirt! There was a scoop too, I guess to help with all the digging! You can see I moved the box outside once I figured out it had dirt in it... didn't want that all over the carpet, lol. There was a scoop to help me dig through the dirt too!

There ended up being an iPhone inside on the box sealed within a zip-lock bag, as well as a note from 'A.' I've saw some posts that people received a 'secret object' as well, but I sifted through that dirt and found nada, so perhaps I was not sent a 'secret object.'

My iPhone was pre-loaded with photos and a contact list pertaining to my character. I am playing Hanna Marin. Here is my character's photo and bio:

Hanna Marin goes after what she wants. The more forbidden it is, the better -- whether it's a pair of designer sunglasses, junk food, or her chastity-pledging boyfriend's virtue. Rosewood High's "It" girl is an expert at creating the façade of the perfect life. What would people say if they knew about her run-in with the law? Today Hanna rules the school, but "A's" mysterious messages are unsettling. How easy would it be to topple Hanna's reign, and just how far would she go to save it?

The game is running until June 18th... there are private Facebook groups that host the four characters of the show. A different person playing each character. I think I heard there are ten Facebook groups? I could be wrong though. Anyhow, 'A' sends us texts that contain the challenge we must complete to keep our secrets safe from the rest of the group. If we fail to complete a mission, one of our secrets gets revealed.

I've completed two challenges, which I will share more about with you later!

What do you think of interactive games like this? I have to admit, I am having a blast! It's a lot of fun!