The Story is About   +  Penguin USA

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

Release Date: April 6, 2010
Publisher: Dutton
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 304
Source: Publisher
Interest: Authors
Challenge: None
Buy the Book: Amazon

|Barnes & Noble

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical. Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both them legions of faithful fans.

This book has been sitting on my shelf forever... almost year actually, since I had gotten an arc several months before the release. I'm not sure why it sat there for so long. I think it was just one of those times when there are just too many good books to read. But after I read Love is the Higher Law... I needed another David fix, and since I hadn't read a novel by John Green... (i know... feel free to start throwing the stones at anytime, it's pretty bad since he's from Indy too...) anyway, I figured why not kill two birds with one stone. So Will Grayson, Will Grayson it was.

And it was Awesome!

Although I must say that neither Will Grayson... holds a candle to the magnificence that is Tiny Cooper!

The chapters alternate between the two Will Graysons... John Green's Grayson is introduced first, and I didn't really care for him all that much in the beginning, but he did grow on me. The second Will Grayson... David's Grayson, had me at his hatred of the <3... I shall never look at those two keystrokes the same again. The two Wills meet halfway through the novel and it's epicness grows from there.

It's extremely well written, but that aspect didn't surprise me at all. I expected it to be coming from these two authors. The characters while fabulous... all had their flaws, I loved them. Did I mention that I loved Tiny Cooper?

This novel is not only touching... but it's also hilarious. I mean that whole... lol... <3... rant... I guess I'm just a big perve, but that was HILARIOUS! I laughed about it days later. It's like an inside joke between me and Will... (and the thousands of other people that have read the novel, I suppose)

The thing I loved the most was the honest and realistic portrayal that this novel presented. It was great, and I think you should read it.