The Story is About   +  TIME

Books to Pine For (42)

Basically "Books to Pine For" are books not yet released, that I can't wait to get my hands on (or books I've recently gotten my hands on... but are still pine-worthy)!

If this is your first visit to the blog, I do "Books to Pine For" sporadically, it's a regular feature but it doesn't have a set date I post every month or what not.

You can check out all the books to pine for posts, they start chronologically from the most recent. In case you want to check out some earlier ones I've done. Okay I've rambled enough on to the goods!

Just a note.. all the links in the titles go to their Goodreads page... easier to add to your wishlist!

Vesper: A Deviants Novel by Jeff Sampson
♦February 1, 2011♦Balzer + Bray/HarperCollins
Why it's pine worthy: It's a 2011 debut! It sounds a little creepy too...

Entangled by Cat Clarke
♦January 6, 2011 ♦Quercus Publishing Plc
Why it's pine worthy: Another 2011 debut... plus that cover is HOT! It's described as 'a story of dark secrets'! Sounds good to me.

Girl Stolen by April Henry
♦September 28, 2010 ♦Henry Holt
Why it's pine worthy: This one just sounds good... a blind girl accidentally getting kidnapped. Intense.

See What I See by Gloria Whelan
♦January 1, 2011 ♦HarperTeen
Why it's pine worthy: Sounds like an awesome contemporary fiction novel. Focuses on the relationship dynamics of a father and daughter.

Red Glove by Holly Black
♦April 5, 2011 ♦Margaret K. McElderry
Why it's pine worthy: Two words: Holly Black.

Cloaked by Alex Flinn
♦February 1, 2011 ♦HarperTeen
Why it's pine worthy: I love fairy tales... and this one is like a modern day fairy-tale mash up.

Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster
♦March 8, 2011 ♦ Egmont, USA
Why it's pine worthy: 2011 debut... possibly a sci-fi of sorts? And how freaky is that cover... dude, there is something coming out of your hand!

Chasing Alliecat by Rebecca Fjelland Davis
♦February 1, 2011 ♦Flux
Why it's pine worthy: Normally this wouldn't really be my thing... but the whole mystery aspect of this story has me dying to know what's going on!

Rosebush by Michele Jaffe
♦December 14, 2010 ♦Razorbill
Why it's pine worthy: The cover is absolutely creepy! The whole 'lying near dead in a rosebush after a hit and run' really has me intrigued... don't usually go for 'thrillers' but this could be good!

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
♦March 31, 2011 ♦Speak
Why it's pine worthy: Four words: haunted castle, boarding school. I'm in! WANT!

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
♦February 1, 2011 ♦Harlequin Teen
Why it's pine worthy: Book three in a series that knocks my socks off. Nuff' said!

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
♦January 11, 2011 ♦Razorbill
Why it's pine worthy: Murder, love, mystery... and a spaceship. Not to mention it's a 2011 debut!

The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
♦Jaunary 25, 2011 ♦ Egmont, USA
Why it's pine worthy: Originally a 2010 debut... that got pushed back to 2011. I've been dying to read this one! Princesses and Magic!

Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
♦January 1, 2011 ♦Point
Why it's pine worthy: A play on Pride & Prejudice. Of course I have to have it!

Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany
♦February 15, 2011 ♦St. Martin's Griffin
Why it's pine worthy: Because I must know what happens after that can of worms was opened in book one.

Faerie Winter by Jannie Lee Simner
♦April 5, 2011 ♦Random House
Why it's pine worthy: It's about faeries and the cover is sooooo pretty!

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
♦December 15, 2010 ♦Little Brown
Why it's pine worthy: Loved Sarah's debut novel and have been dying to read another one of her books.

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers
♦December 21, 2010 ♦St. Martin's Griffin
Why it's pine worthy: Because Courtney is awesome.

Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell
♦March 22, 2011 ♦Antheneum
Why it's pine worthy: 2011 debut. And there is a goat farm. Yes, goats.

Deadly by Julie Chibbaro
♦February 22, 2011 ♦Antheneum
Why it's pine worthy: Historical fiction about typhoid fever. Sorta reminds me of Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson, and I loved that book.

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
♦January 1, 2011 ♦Sourcebooks Fire
Why it's pine worthy: Dystopian... I will no longer live in denial of my dystopian love. Speaking of love... I Love the new cover for this one!

The Door in the Forest by Roderick Townley
♦March 22, 2011 ♦Knopf
Why it's pine worthy: Not something I'd usually go for... the cover does nothing for me, but I really like the summary of this one... middle grade fantasy.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman
♦April 19, 2011 ♦Dutton
Why it's pine worthy: sequel to If I Stay...!!!!

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
♦May 3, 2011 ♦Simon & Schuster
Why it's pine worthy: 2011 debut! And how beautiful is that cover!