The Story is About   +  TIME

Do You Buy Books?

Since I've had my book blog, I probably buy more books then I did before I started blogging. (It's became a sort of addiction... but that is for a whole different post.)

But what about when I get an advance reader copy? I sort of have to book already... do I buy another?

If I love a book after reading the advance reader copy, I almost always buy a finished copy of the book. I also think as a book blogger (that is able to) it's important to support the industry that I love. I actually don't keep many of the advance reader copies I receive after they are read. I usually pass them along or give them away, so it's nice to have the finished copy.

Other reasons I buy a finished copy (besides loving the book!)

  • content change from the arc
  • cover change from the arc

So, if you're a book blogger do you buy a finished copy if you own the advance readers copy?

I asked some book bloggers on Twitter this very question. Here's what they had to say:

@galleysmith Depends on the book, if I love it yes.
@galleysmith It would also depend on if the finished copy were different, if significant changes I'd buy for that reason

@bookaliciouspam If I finish the book and give it at least 3 stars yes I buy the finished copy.

@CatHealy Depends on if I really loved it, or if I need the finished copy to complete my already owned series.

@keitrad I usually don't.

@sophisti_katied If I really liked it, YES. Always!

@compelledtoread It depends...if I like the book a lot, or the cover changes, or I have the money, then yes. But usually not.

@meow_mix85 If I really liked it, yes. If I didn't, then no.

@blanca20 No... I dont o.o