The Story is About   +  young adult

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Release Date: April 26, 2011
Publisher: Scholastic
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 320
Format: Advance Reader Copy
Source: Publisher
Interest: Author
Challenge: None
Buy the Book: Amazon

Though she tries returning to the life she knew before the accident, Pierce can't help but feel at once a part of this world, and apart from it. Yet she's never alone . . . because someone is always watching her. Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.

But now she's moved to a new town. Maybe at her new school, she can start fresh. Maybe she can stop feeling so afraid.

Only she can't. Because even here, he finds her. That's how desperately he wants her back. She knows he's no guardian angel, and his dark world isn't exactly heaven, yet she can't stay away . . . especially since he always appears when she least expects it, but exactly when she needs him most.

But if she lets herself fall any further, she may just find herself back in the one place she most fears: the Underworld.

I love Meg Cabot. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! (I am totally PSYCHED to finally meet her in person this month too!!) But that's beside the point! Now that I have that out of the way... lets get to the review.

I love Meg's writing, her books are so easy to read and so entertaining. I never worry about picking up one of her books because I know that it's going to be wonderful and Abandon was no exception.

I will say that the story started out a little slow for me, but I really connected with Pierce as a character so it more than made up for that slow start... I know the next book is going to be epic with everything that went down in those last few pages... whew! This book was basically the set up for the series, but that didn't bother me, I like to know what's going. Most of the story was told in flash backs... thing that had happened to Pierce before, getting her to the place that she is now.

I am loving all these YA novels with the spins on Greek mythology. I've been on a kick lately and read quite a few of them and I can honestly say that I've enjoyed everyone of them, though they've all been very different!

If you are a fan of Meg Cabot, I think that you are going to love this one. I can't wait to read the second book! Great characters, awesome story... and one hot/dangerous/mysterious guy... oh, John, I'm hoping I get to see a lot more of you in book two!

And I just LOVE that cover, which doesn't really have much to do with anything except it is going to look AWESOME on my bookshelf!