The Story is About   +  young adult

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Release Date: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 384
Format: Advance Reader Copy
Source: Publisher
Interest: Series
Other Titles in the Series: Shade
Challenge: None
Buy the Book: Amazon

Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.
Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.

As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.

First of all, if you haven't read Shade, stop reading this review right now, and get on that! Not that this review is spoilery by any means, but Shade is awesome and you should definitely start there, since it's the beginning of the series and all.

I loved Shade, absolutely loved it, and even after reading several books, it still always stuck out there. The story and it's characters... it was easy to fall into and hard to fall out! As much as I loved Shade, I have to say that Shift really took it to a whole other level. I think it's because I got to be with those characters again, that I felt so strongly about in the first book. I watched them grow and make mistakes... felt their guilt and sorrow... those fleeting moments of happiness that made it all worth it. Can I just throw heart-wrenching out there and not go into it anymore than that... I cried.

We finally find out a little more about Aura's mother and about the Shift. I have to say that I didn't see any of it coming, none of it! And after that ending, I have no idea what to expect next!

I was hooked from the first page... and I didn't want to let go on the last.