The Story is About   +  TIME

Books to Pine For (56)

Basically "Books to Pine For" are books not yet released, that I can't wait to get my hands on (or books I've recently gotten my hands on... but are still pine-worthy)!

If this is your first visit to the blog, I do "Books to Pine For" sporadically, it's a regular feature but it doesn't have a set date I post every month or what not.

You can check out all the books to pine for posts, they start chronologically from the most recent. In case you want to check out some earlier ones I've done. Okay I've rambled enough, on to the goods!

Just a note.. all the links in the titles go to their Goodreads page... easier to add to your wish list!



This one also has a lot of 2012 debuts! It's never to early to start making up your challenge lists!

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
♦February 7, 2012 ♦HarperCollins
Why it's pine worthy: It's a 2012 debut... a dystopian... and it has a rocking cover! That's all I need!

Slide by Jill Hathaway
♦March 27, 2012 ♦Balzer + Bray
Why it's pine worthy: This one sounds downright intense! I absolutely love how the storyline is portrayed and I can't wait to read it!

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
♦November 15, 2011 ♦HarperCollins
Why it's pine worthy: This one is a 2011 debut! I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy at BEA, and I can't wait to read it. It sounds epic!

The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
♦January 10, 2012 ♦Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Why it's pine worthy: A 2012 debut... historical fiction with a supernatural element. HELLS YES! When people ask me what I want to see more of in YA, this is what I'm talking about!

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
♦February 14, 2012 ♦Tor Teen
Why it's pine worthy: 2012 debut! Dystopian. Yes!

Ghost Flower by Michele Jaffe
♦April 12, 2012 ♦Razorbill
Why it's pine worthy: This one sounds wickedly creepy, and at the same time absolutely awesome!

Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould
♦March 13, 2012 ♦Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Why it's pine worthy: This one will be Gould's US debut! I've heard good things about from a few UK readers and can't wait for it myself! Historical fiction with a mystery!

Magic Under Stone by Jaclyn Dolamore
♦April 10, 2012 ♦Bloomsbury
Why it's pine worthy: This is book two, (Magic Under Glass) and I can't wait to see the adventure that these characters go on!

Fracture by Megan Miranda
♦January 3, 2012 ♦Walker Books
Why it's pine worthy: This one sounds utterly stunning.. and then it's also recommend for fans of If I Stay and Before I Fall... YES PLEASE! (and it's a 2012 debut)

Shadows Cast By Stars by Catherine Knutsson
♦2012 ♦Antheneum
Why it's pine worthy: A 2012 debut... this one is a dystopian, but is sounds like it may have a supernatural element to it too... how awesome!

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
♦May 1, 2012 ♦Razorbill
Why it's pine worthy: Book two again. I haven't read the first one... I think I'm afraid that I won't love it as much as VA... but at the same time I'm really excited for this series!

Truth by Julia Karr
♦January 19, 2012 ♦Puffin
Why it's pine worthy: Another book two! I actually haven't read XVI, but hearing Julia talk about her series at a signing I went to... totally need to read these.

The Story of Us by Deb Caletti
♦April 24, 2012 ♦Simon Pulse
Why it's pine worthy: This one sounds really good, and I'm hoping it will be a Caletti story that I will love!

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
♦February 7, 2012 ♦Putnam Juvenile
Why it's pine worthy: WITCHES! And how gorgeous is that cover! And it sounds absolutely fantastic! (and it's a 2012 debut!)

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
♦April 25, 2012 ♦Walker Books
Why it's pine worthy: A 2012 debut! It sounds like a fantastic story... a little mystery, romance... and intrigue... I am in.

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
♦January 31, 2012 ♦HarperCollins
Why it's pine worthy: I don't even care what it's about (although it does sound freaggin' awesome!) LOOK at that cover! Gorgeous! Also a 2012 debut!

Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
♦March 13, 2012 ♦Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Why it's pine worthy: Sounds amazing... and it has PICTURES! Well illustrations... you know what I mean. (That Kirsten did herself!) I miss books with pictures.

Cracked by K.M. Walton
♦March 6, 2012 ♦Simon Pulse
Why it's pine worthy: A 2012 debut! Realistic fiction. Sounds heartbreaking, yet hopeful! And it has a character named Bull, which or some reasons ups it's awesome factor.

Fever by Lauren DeStefano
♦February 21, 2012 ♦Simon & Schusters Children's Publishing
Why it's pine worthy: Book two of one of my most favorite books from 2011! Will say that I'm not as enchanted by this cover as the first... but I am very interested to see how the cover elements play into the story! MUST HAVE!