The Story is About   +  top ten

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time

I'm participating again in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Basically every Tuesday the peeps over at The Broke and the Bookish post their top ten lists on various topics. They even have a special Top Ten Tuesday page where they have previous topics and upcoming topics discussed as well.

This weeks topic (which you probably could tell from the post title) is:

The Top Ten FIVE Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time.

Harry Potter

Oh Harry. You've done so much for me. I will never forget the way that you made me feel our fist time. You made me believe in magic again. You reminded me what it was like to be whisked off to a land I could only imagine. You gave me three best friends I never knew I needed. I wish I could feel that way every time!

Faerie Wars

I love when books surprise you, and that’s what I got when I read the Faerie Wars for the first time. I read this book when I first started blogging. It was on my library bookshelf and it was the cover that first caught my eye. I thought, oh faeries sound cool. This book is an epic adventure. It’s part of a series that captured my imagination at every turn. This would be a great series for middle grade readers too.

Sloppy Firsts

Jessica, Jessica, Jessica. How I would LOVE to read this book again for the first time. To experience the snarky, sarcastic, quick witted-awesomeness that is one, Jessica Darling.

To Kill A Mockingbird

This book is one of my favorite books of all times. HOWEVER. I wish I would have read it at a different phase in my life. It was required reading in high school and although I read it and enjoyed it, I didn’t fully appreciate it as much as I should have. I liked it because I thought I should. It wasn’t until I went back as an adult and read it, that I truly appreciated and respected what Harper Lee wrote. Makes me think I should try going back and reading Grapes of Wrath... nah.

Ballads of Suburbia

Have you read this book? You should! Emotional Roller Coaster. One of my favorite contemps of all time. I still think about this book. I wished I would have had a different attitude when I started this book. I was expecting not to like this book. I wish I could go back to read it the first time with no expectations. Although I did end up loving it, so I guess expectations or not it didn’t really matter!