The Story is About   +  young adult

Paradise by Jill S. Alexander

Paradise by Jill S. Alexander

Release Date: July 5, 2011
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256
Format: Advance Reader Copy
Source: Publisher
Interest: Story
Challenge: None
Buy the Book: Amazon

Paisley Tillery is the drummer for a country rock band. If they can make it to the stage at the Texapalooza music fest, then Paisley will be closer to her dream of a career in music and a ticket out of her small Texas town.

Drumming and music are what Paisley has always wanted. Until the band gets a new lead singer, the boy from Paradise, Texas. With Paradise in her life, what Paisley wants, and what she needs, complicate her dreams coming true.

This was my first time reading a book by Alexander and I assure you it will not be the last!

First off... is that cover not HOT! Whew... somebody turn down the smolder! I was a little unsure about the cover while reading the story because... well I was wondering if it had any relevance BUT after reading about Paisley & Paradise's relationship, it couldn't be more accurate. So. Close.

This was definitely a character driven novel, I loved them... all of them. Paisley's sister, the members of the band... her mom and dad, even her uncle... They were so well written, it almost felt like you were there in this small Texas town with them. Paisley was an extraordinary character... one that you will respect and admire.

And the musical aspect, no pun intended, but it ROCKED! There are lyrics throughout the novel written by one of the bandmates, Cal. And although he doesn't say much at all in the novel, you truly feel like you know him and feel what he's feeling through his lyrics, I loved that rawness with his character.

The ending... killed me. What the heck was up with that! Seriously? You're going to do that to me? Totally did not expect that. And honestly, I'm not at all sure how I feel about it, and I've had plenty of time to digest.

Can't wait to see what Alexander has for us next!