The Story is About   +  TIME

Privacy Policy

Here at The Story, I take your privacy very seriously, especially for my younger readers. The internet, while a great place to find information and make new friends, but common sense is still important. You have to be responsible in sharing your own information.

Some great information pertaining to children's online protection:

  • The Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule
  • The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
  • COPPA


Information Collected at The Story and Use

At The Story, I do not usually collect personal information, but I cannot guard against others taking email or other identifying information from the comments section of this blog. I recommend using a Blogger or Google ID to create an online “persona” (obviously, it doesn't say “Story Siren” on my birth certificate.)

The Story is not directed to children under the age of 13. I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13.

Note to Parents. If you have any concerns about The Story or your child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact me. I also urge parents to instruct their children never to give out their real names, addresses or phone numbers without parental permission when using the Internet.

If you are under 13, and would like to enter a contest, please have your parents enter their information. (I have no way of confirming your age, so I am expecting everyone to be honest, please.) No one's address will be shared or distributed in any way, not rented or sold, nor is it kept on file.

All contests winners are announced on the blog. None of your personal information will be posted in the contest announcement, beyond your first name and last initial. If you have any discrepancies with this arrangement, please specify so in the contest entry form.

To further aid in the privacy protection of my readers as of November 2009 all contests will have a registration form provided to enter. This means that you will not be required to put your email address in the comments section. Any comments containing personal identification, such as an email address, will be deleted.

I recommends that you do not submit or post any personally identifiable information when posting to the The Story blog/website. Only use your first name or screen name.


Cookies

Cookies are not currently used on the site to track or store any information about site visitors.

Other Site Links

This blog contains links to other sites. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, which may be different from the privacy practices described in this policy. I encourage you to become familiar with privacy practices of other sites you visit, including linked sites.

Read my Contest Policy.