The Story is About   +  Shannon Hale

Austenland

Austenland by Shannon Hale

Jane Hayes is obsessed with Mr. Darcy. More particularly Colin Firth’s portrayal of Mr. Darcy in the film version of Pride and Prejudice. Can you blame her? Really? But, it might have something to do with why the thirty-three yeah old Jane is still unmarried and single. Her obsession for Mr. Darcy keeps any "real" man from measuring up.

Jane’s Aunt Carolyn is aware of her obsession. When Aunt Carolyn passes away she leaves Jane an all expense paid vacation to Pembrook Park, a resort that lets its guests live like the characters of an Austen novel. Jane has decided to use the vacation as the milestone. Once she has had her fun she will put Mr. Darcy behind herself, forever.

Being myself, slightly obsessed with Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, I couldn’t help but be sympathetic for Jane. And I love the idea of Pembrook Park. How much fun would that be! As far as the story I really enjoyed it! It is a bit of a romance, but that made me enjoy it all the more! This was the first novel by Shannon Hale that I have read, and I really value her writing style. I will be reading more from this author, and I must buy a copy of this book, I am sure I will be reading it again!