The Story is About   +  Random House

Fourth Comings

Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty

In Fourth Comings the fourth book in the Jessica Darling series, we rejoin Jessica when it seems like she finally has everything she has been working so hard to attain. She is graduated with her psychology degree, is living with her best friend Hope and she is writing. The one thing she loves the most, well besides Marcus.

Marcus on the other hand it just starting his freshman year at Princeton and Jessica is not looking forward to being the girlfriend of a college freshman. Which leads her to the conclusion that she should break off the on/off relationship for good. Needless to say, Marcus has other ideas and asks Jessica to marry him.

The book itself is a notebook that Jessica is writing to Marcus in the week she is deciding whether or not to accept his proposal. Although it was apparent to me from the beginning what her answer would be.

I was really disappointed with this book. I’ve been a fan of Jessica since book one, but this story was overall lacking. There was a line in the book that Jessica says and I quote "WHAT THE HELL AM I EVEN RAMBLING ABOUT!" To me that sums up the entire book. It was entirely random rambling! And the ending was a total let down, yet to end it any other way would have been too far fetched. The story just seemed incomplete there was just no, what is the word I’m looking for here, cohesion! Complete lack of substance.

Now please don’t let this keep you from reading a great series. I loved and thoroughly enjoyed Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings. They are the books that made me fall in love with this series! If there is another bookin this series, you bet I will be reading it and I only hope it can redeem my faith!

On another note this book is more for an older young adult audience. I’ve seen it suggested to be a crossover title to Adult Fiction and I have to say that I agree, this book is definitely for a mature audience.