The Story is About   +  young adult

How to Hook a Hottie

How to Hook a Hottie by Tina Ferraro

This is my first exposure to the writings of Tina Ferraro, but I can assure you that it will not be my last!

Kate isn’t exactly your normal high school senior. While it seems like the norm these days is college after high school, Kate has different plans. Kate is all business, her one and only ambition is to be a millionaire by the age of twenty. She has an ongoing deal with her parents. If Kate can raise five thousand dollars by her graduation and maintain her straight A report card, they will hand over everything they have invested in Kate’s college savings account. But, graduation is looming nearer and unfortunately Kate still doesn’t have all of her five grand.

Then to Kate’s surprise, as well as the whole student population, baseball superstar and bonafide hottie, Brandon Callister asks Kate to be his date for the sports banquet. Fortunately for Kate everyone wants her strategy for hooking their own hotties and are willing to pay! Too bad Kate has no idea what she is doing.

Tina Ferraro managed to "reel" me right into this story! Kate is one of those characters that is so much more than she seems. She totally surprised me in the end! I’m looking forward to reading more of Ferraro’s books. Hopefully I’ll soon be getting my hands on her previous novel Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress, and of course the up coming 2009 release ABC’s of Kissing Boys!