The Story is About   +  young adult

Dragon's Keep

Dragon’s Keep by Janet Lee Carey

Merlin prophesied that the twenty first queen would redeem the Pendragon name, end war with the wave of her hand, and restore glory to Wilde Island. Rosalind happens to be the twenty first queen. But Rosalind holds the devils mark, her ring finger is the claw of a dragon with a prominent black talon at its end.

Rosalind is forced to wear gloves to hide her mark and anyone that bears witness to it, doesn’t live long after. Although many healers have been sought to heal the mark, it remains. Rosalind fears she will remain tainted forever, and will never marry or find love.

Rosalind is captured by the dragon Lord Faul and is forced to care for his young after his mate is killed. It is here at her life with the dragons that Rosalind finds herself.

I expected a lot from this book, and I hate to say it but I was disappointed. It seemed like Rosalind couldn’t figure out what kind of person she was, one second she was vulnerable the next she's invincible. The story was interesting, but it seemed to drag. I had to fight myself to keep interest, I only continued to read because there were so many unanswered questions. To add to my disappointment was the melodramatic climax. At least there was a happy ending. This book was okay, it was good, just not great. I wanted to love it, but I don't know if I even really liked it.