The Story is About   +  young adult

Poseur

Poseur by Rachel Maude

Poseur revolves around the story of four girls. Janie Farrish, Charoltte Beverwil, Melissa Moon and Petra Greene. There are only two things these girls have in common a) they go to the same school, Winston Prep and b) they have a particular interest in fashion.

So when the school proposed a new class called "Special Study" the four girls all enter their own ideas for their class. Although in theory the ideas are all completely different, the outcome again leads to their one common interest, fashion. And so starts The Trend Set, which consists of the four girls, and to say they aren’t happy about it, is an understatement. The girls not only have to deal with themselves but they all have a private drama in their lives as well.

I have to say that I was reluctant to read this at first. I’m not a fashion guru at any means. My wardrobe consists of t-shirts and jeans. But I actually ended up enjoying this book. There are a lot of references to fashion, but even a simpleton such as my self wasn’t lost, and the fashion talk didn’t overwhelm the story. Poseur was a light and fun read! The story line was fun as well, I guess I should say stories. Each chapter usually stars a different girl, so you get a look in each of their lives. Anyway, I ended up really enjoying this book and I will think you will too! And really everyone has a little poseur-ish self in them at one time or another.