The Story is About   +  TIME

I've Been Memed!

Which book do you irrationally cringe away from reading, despite seeing only positive reviews? Honestly?
If I see a positive review, I very rarely cringe away. I like reading new things, so I’ll give most anything a try.
If you could bring three characters to life for a social event (afternoon tea, a night of clubbing, perhaps a world cruise), who would they be and what would the event be?
hmmm... I think I would like to have a dinner party. And I would invite Edward from Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight, of course he would be there for his conversation as well as for something to look at *wink* Elizabeth Bennet from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, need I say more. And for my final guest I would say Harry Potter, because I just love him and maybe he could get me into Hogwarts.

(Borrowing shamelessly from the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde): you are told you can’t die until you read the most boring novel on the planet. While this immortality is great for awhile, eventually you realize it’s past time to die. Which book would you expect to get you a nice grave?
Yuck, I would say The Grapes of Wrath. I know it is supposed to be a piece of Americana, but come on. I was supposed to read it in high school but couldn’t! Thank you spark notes! I mean seriously what is with the chapter about a turtle crossing the road (yes I did make it that far) I know it is all about symbolism, but it sure isn’t very entertaining... blah blah blah
Come on, we’ve all been there. Which book have you pretended, or at least hinted, that you’ve read, when in fact you’ve been nowhere near it?
Uh, I’m kind of ashamed to say this, but the BIBLE. I mean I know the stories and everything, but I’ve never sat down and actually read it. I will do it someday though.
As an addition to the last question, has there been a book that you really thought you had read, only to realize when you read a review about it/go to ‘reread’ it that you haven’t? Which book?
Not that I know of.
You’re interviewing for the post of Official Book Advisor to some VIP (who’s not a big reader). What’s the first book you’d recommend and why? (If you feel like you’d have to know the person, go ahead and personalize the VIP.)
Right now at this time, I would probably say Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. That book is utterly amazing. In today’s society I think that book is more relevant than ever. If you haven’t read it you should.

A good fairy comes and grants you one wish: you will have perfect reading comprehension in the foreign language of your choice. Which language do you go with?
Geez, that is a hard one. I think I’d probably pick Japanese, because I’ve always been in awe of their written language.
A mischievous fairy comes and says that you must choose one book that you will reread once a year for the rest of your life (you can read other books as well). Which book would you pick?
I reread my books all the time if I really like them, I’d probably say Eragon, because I’ve reread that one the most.

I know that the book blogging community, and its various challenges, have pushed my reading borders. What’s one bookish thing you ‘discovered’ from book blogging (maybe a new genre, or author, or new appreciation for cover art—anything)?
I used to just read. Now that I blog, I express and talk about what I am reading and it is so much more fulfilling that just reading alone.

That good fairy is back for one final visit. Now, she’s granting you your dream library! Describe it. Is everything leather bound? Is it full of first edition handovers? Pristine trade paperbacks? Perhaps a few favorite authors have inscribed their works? Go ahead—let your imagination run free.
Of course I’d want all my favorite author’s books. Signed of course. Plus I would want to have every book that would fulfill my every interest whether it be big or small. Stacks and stacks of books, with lots of windows for gazing outside while I read. But of course the windows would have to be treated as to not ruin my millions of books. Oh and a book comfy chair and maybe a fire place. Oh and a coffee machine, must stay caffeinated. I could go on... and on...

Okay so that is the jist of it. I was memed by Medeia Senka... So my victims will be.. Harmony Book Reviews and Another Book Read. Hope you have fun!!