The Story is About   +  young adult

The Elite

The Elite by Jennifer Banash

Casey is a simple girl, when she moves to New York to live with her grandmother, she has no idea what she is getting herself into. The Bramford is the most exclusive luxury apartment building in New York’s Upper east side, and Casey feels like a country bumpkin in the midst of all the glamour. Madison is the queen, if you will, of Bramford, she gets what she wants when she wants. Her two leading ladies always by her side are Sophie and Phoebe. Casey puts her best effort into fitting in, but Madison avidly puts her in her rightful place, especially when it comes to her on-again/off-again boyfriend, Drew.

When I finally got the chance to sit down and read this book, I couldn’t put it down! Seriously though, I like my share of drama, but I can only take so much of the exaggerated drama that is in so many books now a days, and must I bring up reality t.v. The Elite while it had it’s dramatic moments, only made the story that much better! One thing I really loved about this story is that is seemed realistic. The characters, the situations they were in and they way they handle things, were very true to life, teenage life. Casey doesn’t instantly turn popular and she wouldn’t in real life, let’s face it. And there is so much more going on in the story besides just Casey, I almost enjoyed Phoebe and Sophie’s times in the spotlight more than Casey’s or Madison’s. It's true that most of the characters are insanley rich, but they don't lack for their share of problems.I have to admit I totally have a crush on Drew. I mean after you read it you will understand, entirely. I think the fact that I completely meshed with Jennifer Banash’s writing style, helped me enjoy the book even more. She is descriptive and eloquent but not over the top! And she is funny too! Her sense of humor must be close to mine, because I couldn’t help but grin throughout the entire book.The only complaint I have is that I don’t have the next book In Too Deep to read right away!

The Elite was captivating and fun to read! I absolutely recommend this book. Isn't the cover awesome as well, btw! The release date for The Elite is set for June 3, 2008. The next book In Too Deep is set to be released in October, if you are interested. (Which you so will be!)

Pre-order from Amazon
Pre-order from Barnes and Noble

Add Jennifer and The Elite as your MySpace MySpace friends!